Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
This is the first I have seen this thread and all I can say is wow! The leather for around the eyes was a brilliant idea and the quality of the prop is amazing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
No I haven't named the big fuzzy fellow. I suppose it's high time to put him back together for the big day.
Thanks for all the nice comments folks!
Cheers
Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice wolf construction. Everything is pretty spot on! Though I am a little surprised that face ultimately ended up happy!?! During the construction of the teeth, nose, and eyes..It did look really mean. Perhaps you did too perfect of a job smoothing out the facial features. Perhaps some wrinkles around the eyes and upper snout? will give it a more vicious demeanor.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Nice wolf construction. Everything is pretty spot on! Though I am a little surprised that face ultimately ended up happy!?! During the construction of the teeth, nose, and eyes..It did look really mean. Perhaps you did too perfect of a job smoothing out the facial features. Perhaps some wrinkles around the eyes and upper snout? will give it a more vicious demeanor.
Ya, I tried for mean, but I'm no artist. Too late to change anything now as I have no more of the material and in order to redo anything I would have to destroy what is already there. Ah well, maybe he's just happy that there's so many tots to eat! LOL:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am going to tell you something...you many want to sit down...you are so wrong about one very important thing...HOLY HALLOWEEN!, you are so an artist! Say it after me...I am an artist! VERY WELL DONE! I also built a full sized horse, rearing up on his hind legs and I wish we could have brainstormed together. You set your eyes in that soft leather...that my friend is brilliant. I set mine into, first, plastasine. That melted and the eyes fell out. Then I had to rebuild the face and I could only think of using clay. Well, now this year we have had a lot of rain and the eyes are falling out again. Your idea is how I am going to fix my problem with my horses eyes. Thank you, ARTIST. May I call you Art for short? haha Beautiful beast!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Heh, well thanks for the kind words Lolly. Glad you found something in the build that you could use. I used leather from an old jacket but similar thin stuff is used alot in purses. Second hand stores are great for that sort of thing. I saw the pic of your horse, and it sure looks awesome!

Cheers
Don

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you see the build pictures? It all started out very simular to your wolf but you glued pink foam to your plywood, I used great stuff and foam from a bed topper. All the same, great minds think alike:) Have a happy halloween!

·
Registered
71 Posts
"I am by no means an artist and I just looked at a lot of pictures to try to figure it out."

You figured it out and now please consider yourself an Artist!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perhaps slightly modfiying his stance would give him a meaner demeanor. :D
Widen the stance at the feet and lower the head to below shoulder level. That would only require modification of the framing rather than re-shaping the foam head.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice work. I'm going to do an animated version of a similar beast; I need a "guard dog", and have seen an awesome clip of a prop that I'm going to try and replicate, and will need some air and electric & some kind of prop controller.
This one will be pretty ambitious, so I REALLY need start early.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hey, haven't been back to the forum for quite awhile, so thanks to all who have checked out the build and for all the nice comments.

For ScreamingSkull, the hot glue has held up very well and made the build much easier. It holds great but still allows removal and adjustment if necessary.

Ya, my wife Cathy is pleased with how it turned out, and it does seem to be a popular prop on Halloween.

Thanks again
Don

41 - 60 of 63 Posts