Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loved the Wizard of Oz ever since I was a small child. It's something that runs in my family. Anyway I stummbled across a member of this forum that does life size scuplters and I'm giving her the task to create a Wizard of Oz set for me. I'm having them made for my sister and niece as they are avid collectors of OZ merch but decided I could use them for Halloween next year. I guess my question is would The Wizard of Oz make a good halloween theme? I was planning on transorming "munchinland" into a decorated Halloween theme and then I was planning on making an emarld city back drop and a haunted forest.

·
Doomed to walk the earth
1,062 Posts

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Halloweenrocks08, If that person you are talking about is Victoria1313 that is a fabulous idea!!! I can tell you from personal experience that she does excellent work. She did a spookyscarecrow for me and the pictures do it no justice at all. You can find it on her album, she labeled it the scarecrow she made for spookilicous, however as good as the pictures look that is nothing compared to how it looks in real life. I actually spoke to her once about making the flying monkey from the wizard of oz, you should look into that with her as well as the other main characters. She said she could even make it so it could fly on a cable!!!! How cool would that be. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you if it was her you made an excellent choice!!! She is wonderful to work with, she will work with you on the design, she really takes your input and applies it, she is extremely kind and you will not be sorry with the end result. As a matter of fact, Im sure once you get them you will be wanting to order something for yourself:) Good luck and please let us know what you decide:)

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
I think the Wizard of Oz would be a great theme. I think those flying monkeys are really creepy - but I'm not fond of monkeys anyway. I was a scarecrow a couple of years ago (more scary than the movie type). At that party, the couple that won best costume came as Dorothy and the lion. Dorothy had the red slippers and in her basket under Toto, were her cigs and booze. They were the hit of the party as far as the costumes go.

I'd like to see what all theme related ideas you come up with. I think it's a different idea that you don't see everyday.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
child of the night, was that you or sucomb oz was going to do the wizard of oz theme with the face of the lion stretched across the front of the doorway. there were some awesome suggestions in that thread.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I don't have to say the Wizard of Oz would be an AWESOME Halloween theme. It kind of lends itself with the haunted forest and the spooky birds and the Winkie Guards, the witches castle with her all witchy accessories, flying monkeys and the greeen girl herself.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so it's offical. I'll be doing that theme next year.
Spookilicious mama, Yep I got the idea from Victoria1313! I LOVE her work. It's amazing. I'v asked here to make me the whole gang, Glinda, The Wicked Witch, A few Winkies Gaurds, munchkins and flying monkeys. Hopfully by this time next year I'll have the works.

ChildoftheNight- It stinks that it diden't work out for you but hopfully in the future sometime it will. Thanks for the link on the Emarld City. It seems fantastic!

BooBerrie-Thanks! It is diffrent and that's what I like about it. And the cigs and the booze from that party sounds Hi-larious. :)

Hallorenescene- That streched lion face? Was that idea in this forum? That sounds like dy-no-mite!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i joined way back in 2007 and it was on this forum, that was the theme [oz] that got me to join. i loved the stretched skin across the door. i can't remember if it was child of the night or succub'oz. seemed like it was succub'oz. they're both on your thread so maybe it will be one of them and they will remember.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went back and looked at a previous thread and that was Child Of The Nights Idea. Is there a good easy how to for Haunted Trees? (the apple ones) Also any ideas I can use that haven't been mentioned?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts