Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and a whole lot of patriotism, the democrats abroad group in Groningen, Holland celebrated the 4th of July in American style with a whole lot of flag waving, burned hamburgers and sun burned faces :) Someone even MADE and brought chocolate chip cookies! Ahhh can't get much better than that!

I feel really fortunate to have a group of good american friends here to be able to celebrate American holidays with. The group always seems to expand to include new people and it never ceases to amaze me how diverse the group is. Yesterday I met 3 new americans living here. One is from Nebraska and is studying American Sciences at the university, another is from Pittsburg and is doing research at the university in neurology and the last one is from Cleveland and plays chello in the north holland orchestra.

They all fit in nicely and participated in the playful bantering, joking and teasing that we americans do so well :) I think its one of the things I miss most about living here.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!

MsM

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
American style here is the punk kids( old kids 20's - 40's) shooting off illegal fireworks. I was video taping them yesterday shooting fireworks into a loft style apartment building across from my house.

I usually break out the Char Griller (coals only!! no propane, now thats american) and do what I do. I did 9 hour bbq beef spare ribs. These things were monsters. They were awesome. I made pit beef on friday, I will probably do burgers today. Gotta love a 3 day holiday weekend.

Glad to see you had a good time Meeps, your friends sound awesome.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
MsMeeple, I, too, have lived overseas, and, yes, there are times when you can't help but miss the "goofiness" of Life in America.

God Bless America.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Wolfman and WS your ribs sound awesome. Good ribs are something else hard to find here.

MsM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts