Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that the skull mausoleum is done, it's time for the next build.
The witch's shack will be 12ft wide by 8ft tall. It will have a porch with rails, and a roof also. Green led lighting has been purchased and will be installed.
I am using 2x3 framing with old weathered fence boards. I have one wall finished minus the extras like broken plexiglass in the window and cheese cloth curtain. I will have a reindeer motor at ached to a skeleton hand to pull the curtains open in one window.
The screen door was an awesome find for just $10
The fence was free and I got lots of it!
Here is some pics of the progress so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Amazing -I am a True fan !

So now that the skull mausoleum is done, it's time for the next build.
The witch's shack will be 12ft wide by 8ft tall. It will have a porch with rails, and a roof also. Green led lighting has been purchased and will be installed.
I am using 2x3 framing with old weathered fence boards. I have one wall finished minus the extras like broken plexiglass in the window and cheese cloth curtain. I will have a reindeer motor at ached to a skeleton hand to pull the curtains open in one window.
The screen door was an awesome find for just $10
The fence was free and I got lots of it!
Here is some pics of the progress so far.
Loved watching the progress of your Skull mausoleum
Will be watching this one for sure but Where do you keep all these builds ?

Take care

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Looks good so far. It looks like you use Hollywood Haunter's method of building your flats. Very sturdy. I too will be watching your progress on this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I absolutely do! They have been a huge help and inspiration to me. I stepped this one up to 2x3 because it's heavy. That one wall is probably 65-70 pounds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok folks, another day off work so I can build!
Porch is on, roof is on, and porch rails are getting installed.

Still need to age the newer looking wood. I'll wire leds once I set up for Halloween. This was facade #2 besides the skull mausoleum.

For the decking I ripped 2x4's in half since I'm not screwing the 4x4's to it.
I.did use 2x4's on the roof potion ed at 15°. This will allow for prop placement.
I will cover the exposed 2x4's with green fence board and that will also hide the gaps between the roof panels.
Here's a video of the build
https://youtu.be/ieQN8H1S5Ks

And pics below. Happy Haunting everyone!

Attachments

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
You do realize you're making the rest of us look like a bunch of slackers, don't you? You are a prop making machine! Nice work on everything so far. It'll be fun to see it all come together on the big night!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts