Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm super excited about this. I think I've mentioned this cartoon about 50 times since I joined the forums. We have a VHS tape of it that we bought used from a video store that probably was a rental copy from the early 80s. It's definitely on it's last legs.

I've heard some people say it's pretty lame so check it out on youtube first if you haven't seen it. I think it's amazing and it's something I remember fondly from my youth (plus I love Gilda Radner) so I'll definitely be ordering it. Amazon.ca has it listed as shipping on October 14 - way too late. I'm curious as to what the 10 bonus cartoons are - not expecting much. But it's nice to see they've got an updated cover that actually reflects the animation. Don't know what they were thinking the last time they released it on VHS.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone who remembers this.

·
>^..^<
795 Posts
That cartoon is so crazy - I gotta watch it again. I'm curious to know what other cartoons they think would fit with it too - would they have anything by the same people, or something similar? I've never looked up anything about the makers of it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
OMG!!! Yes, I'm so getting this! I watch this several times every year......grew up with this and several other awesome Halloween specials....

now when are they gonna release The Halloween That Almost Wasn't on DVD? grrrrrr

or The Crown Of Bogg?

the list goes on......

·
Registered
236 Posts
OMG!!! Yes, I'm so getting this! I watch this several times every year......grew up with this and several other awesome Halloween specials....

now when are they gonna release The Halloween That Almost Wasn't on DVD? grrrrrr

or The Crown Of Bogg?

the list goes on......

I always ask that same question two very great shows. The other specials like the Valentines one as well from paul Fusco

·
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loene, the cartoon runs just under a half-hour and is definitely rated G. I think maybe there's some VERY mild innuendo in there, but nothing that kids would notice. But the full thing is up on youtube, so I'd definitely have a look there and see if it's something you'd like before ordering. It's got a different style that some people apparently find off-putting but I think it's really well done, and the message is pretty good.

I would guess the additional cartoons are likely just public domain stuff tossed in to fill out the running time.

I've looked around and saw a site that said it should be available at Walmart in September as well, but I think it must be a pretty tiny outfit doing it, so we'll see what happens.

·
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never even heard of "The Crown of Bogg" I'll have to check that out. Also wish Disney would release their old "A Disney Halloween/ Disney's Halloween Treat" on DVD. At least this is a start.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
That's it! Someone posted about this last year and I fell in love with this song. Thank you so much! I love it and want it as a sort of theme for my Be WITCHY annual party. This year I am expanding to a Conjurers Consortium to include witches, wizards and all fortune teller and conjurers. This is fantastic!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just went to Mill creeks site and this is what it says

Bonus Features Includes:

- Witch's Night Out - Comic Book
- Casper the Friendly Ghost: There's Good Boos To-Night - The Friendly Ghost - Boo Moon
- Felix The Cat: Skulls and Sculls
- Hoppity Hooper: Ghost
- Space Angel: The Ghost and Crystal Mace
- Popeye the Sailor Man: Spooky Swabs
- New 3 Stooges: Mummies Boys
- Meany, Miny & Moe: House of Magic

·
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah! Thanks TNHorrorFan on both counts! I'd buy it regardless of the extras but those don't sound too bad.

I see "The Crown of Bogg" is on youtube so hopefully I can give it a watch this weekend. I also see Raggedy Ann and Andy: The Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile is on there. I should give that a watch too.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I just put it on YouTube for the boys they loved it! I died when she said "yeah I'm not the Avon lady..." Hahahaha may have to keep a look out for this in stores!

·
Registered
502 Posts
yes....I watch Disney's Halloween Treat every year off youtube.....this so needs to be released on dvd as well

I think raggedy ann's the pumpkin who couldn't smile was released on dvd - don't know if it's still available or out of print, though....

did anyone else watch the great bear scare with ted e. bear? nickelodeon used to show that with the raggedy ann special....

ah, the memories...must go exploring youtube now..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts