Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lower number of TOT's this year, only around 90. With Halloween falling on a Saturday, it seemed like a lot of people in our area had Halloween parties instead. Work and weather meant I only had a day and a half to set up. Had to cut back some plans but otherwise we were ready to go.

Added a couple of new props this year. After a couple of years of storing a horse mask, I decided he'd make a good prop for my headless horseman. Turned an old wooden screen door into a barn door and voila, a stable is born!
I usually work my car into my haunt, partly to keep an eye on it and add a bit of a twist. This year, it was the bride and groom's ride to the B&B.
I probably could have charged just for a ride around the block!

https://www.pinterest.com/spotonstaging/my-halloween-decorations-props/

Attachments

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
That looked like a lot of fun! For the short amount of set up time you had it came out looking perfect. What a gorgeous dress on the lady with the mop or is it a feather duster? Where did you find it? Was that one of the light up prints from GR she's standing by? Nice size print. What a terrific door set up for the elevator.

You have a nice "cast of characters". I really love the Taxi service. What a hoot.

I just passed on picking up a horse head and hoofs at Spirit just Yesterday on clearance. I've been thinking of adding them when I do my zombie farm set up but for two years now have passed on getting them during the sale when I've seen them. Seeing your stabled horse is making me regret not buying them this year :(. Can I ask how you mounted the head on the door?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a nice "cast of characters". I really love the Taxi service. What a hoot.
The funniest part was the number of real taxi's that came down our street that night. I don't know if they were dropping off passengers at parties or someone put the call out but several took a slow cruise by to check out the competition!

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the large print from GR - I got it a couple of years back when it was on clearance. Greta the Housekeeping Manager is wearing an old Lady Ghost costume that I modified to look like a housekeepers outfit. She's wearing a shower cap for her hat and carrying a floor mop.

I got the wooden screen door at Home Depot on clearance. I flipped it upside down to better resemble a dutch door. That way the vertical strips act like dividers for the horse's head to poke through. The horse head protrudes from the door - the backside of the mask is open so I folded the sides back and stapled them to the backside of the inner wood slats. I replaced the screened area with 1/4" plywood panels - the upper painted out black so the horse head would look like it was poking through the opening. The panel pushes the horse's head forward and keeps it in place. The bottom panel is painted the colour of the door frame - I added cross pieces to make it look more barn-like. The horse head is stuffed with batting and because the plywood panel is screwed on, you can remove the stuffing so it stores easier. This was a quick, easy prop to make and got lots of comments. I planned to add a name plaque ("Daredevil") and horseshoes but the paint was still too soft on them so I left them off for the big night.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts