Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had wanted to do a Sea Witch/ Pirates Witches Luncheon for 2018 but a few factors have made me switch to a Sweeny Todd ... Mrs. Lovetts Pie Shoppe Luncheon instead. One of those factors is that there is a very good possibility that we will be moving to the UK after the new year and some excellent suggestions from Pumpkinpie . Change of countries will make it difficult to decorate for the party. We will come back to Canada for the month of October since we celebrate Thanks Giving ... both of our birthdays and Halloween. So ... Mrs. Lovetts Pie Shoppe allows me to get everything prepared ... the invites ... menu ... basic layout ... and thank you gifts ... from the UK and just send them or take them or get them done in Canada when ready. I will hold the party at one of my family members home. Just need a dining room.

So ... Invites ... are Mrs. Lovetts Pie boxes with pies ... pie tin with gummy candy body parts inside

Decorations for the room ... brick ovens ... barrel ... meat grinder ... Mrs. Lovetts Pie Shoppe sign ... Barbor sign. Tattered and dirty table cloth ...tin plates and cups . Work bench with baking utensils ...

Menu ... assorted meat pies.

Party game ... fingers crossed ... large version of Operation ...

Party thank you gifts ... cutting boards ...

I will dress up as Mrs. Lovett on Holiday ... white and red stripped dress

This is the plan ... I think I can pull this off ...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated ... please let me know if you have any ideas to help with this theme. To me it kind of fits with us going to the UK ...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking about your invites...i think u need to send either with their pies or as a save the date sent out earlier...a coupon for a free shave ;) lol
Oh that is a excellent idea. I love the coupon for a shave !!!! Great "save the date ".... I am going to do that ! Thank you !

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could see it being really cute labelling the pie "flavors" with whatever profession that specific guest is in, kind of like they do in the film.
Good point ... thank you ... I will do that ! Nice touch for the guests.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found in the most unlikely of places, the plates that I want for the Luncheon ... Lowes. Not just that but they were on sale plus buying on line ... another 15% off ... I now have 17 ... I know ... an odd number ... thought I order 12 ... need new glasses ...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today I purchased a few more tankards for the table ... looking at the movie again I saw that they used tankards so I have 6 ... found 4 more on eBay ... and will keep my eye our for a few more at a reasonable price. Candlesticks, knives and forks a metal pitcher and some ragged assed napkins should be all that I need on the table ... oh ... maybe some tarnished salt and pepper shakers .

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mrs. Lovett's Pie Shop has Chinese lanterns and birdcages above the tables ... I finally found some lanterns that will get delivered to Canada ... and fit the look I want. I need to also find bird cages to hang from the ceiling .... my next task.

I need to distress these lanterns but they are the closest to what I would really like that I have found, fits the budget and will be delivered to Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have found ... at the Bridal Expo this weekend ... the perfect place to make my pies for the Luncheon ... It is called Pie Junkie and one of the owners is very much into Sweeny Todd ... can I get any luckier !!!! So ... I would like to have 2 or 3 savoury meat pies on the plate, mashed potatoes and mushy peas. Gravy on the side ... lol ... A salad starter ... just because I would like a balanced meal ... lol .... and for dessert ... PIE! When I asked if they would do a pastry finger or thumb coming out of the pie the answer was ... but of course ! I am so stoked!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I received my barber shop sign yesterday ... smaller than anticipated but will work fine. It seems as if we will be here , at our home, for the party ... so ... I have sketched out a plan of how the rooms are going to be set up. I seem to be finding more things that I would like to use to decorate for the party and there are more items that I will have to make. It seems once again, that cardboard will be my friend. I will try to make a work bench for Mrs. Lovett and build facade for my hallway ... that will be quite the undertaking ... about 20 ft of wall to cover.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today I received the lanterns I had ordered for Mrs. Lovett's Pie Shop. They are a bit smaller than I had expected but since I have ordered 8 ... they should be fine. This way I will hang them lower so they will be more noticeable. I will also have bird cages hanging from the ceiling. I went to Dollarama today as well and found some cutting boards that I will use for thank-you gifts. They are not the shape that I would have preferred but I don't think that I would be able to cut and sand 18 of these bad boys without disaster. I will not be laser cutting the wood but using a decal instead .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 134 Posts