Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting my kitchen, and have 1 question - so far anyway!

Hanging underneath one cabinet I have a wineglass rack.

I'm thinking I'll take my wine glasses out of there for the party, and hang....:confused: what? I keep thinking, these racks would be great for hanging something from...but don't know what. I thought about shackles, and other torture tools. But I'm trying to think along the lines of what a witch would have in her kitchen.

Any ideas?

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
herbs would be a good idea, also dried bat wings...etc. bundles of things she might use in her potions.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would say dried up herbs wrapped and labeled. Some frog legs, bat wings, some rusty laddles

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Frankly, I'd expect any witch worth her wands to have a decent wine cellar and glasses for her vino, but I can understand wanting something more ooky.

How about a Bat cage, filled with sleeping little bats?

Take a piece of cardboard the same length and width of the rack. Use dowel rod or even straightened coat hanger for the four corner posts. Paint these black, the floor and the posts, then wrap it in chicken wire. This will hang under the rack, enclosing it. Use small tacking nails to hang it by the chicken wire, or craft wire.

The bats would hang from the actual glass slots. Make them from sculpted tinfoil, using craft wire at the ends of the feet sticking out about an inch. The wire will get bent horizontally, left and right, so the little bat can slide into the rack like an upturned glass. Once they're covered in masking tape and paper clay, paint them, hang them and mount the 'cage'.

I'm just thinkin' on the keyboard, as I've done similar stuff with those materials, just not this.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spats, well Dollar Tree DOES have the black plastic wine goblets with white skulls on them!! I did think about putting those up there - but keep having this feeling I should take advantage of this rack to hang stuff from...

All ya'lls ideas are really good!!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a light over the sink - plan to replace it with a red bulb.

I have under the cabinet lighting, on a dimmer - think if I put a red cover over those lights, it'd get too hot?

I'd love to have the whole kitchen bathed in red lights!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts