Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[
This is the collection that has literally taken over about two rooms at my house. I posted here a couple of years ago when I had probably three or four witches. I have been buying steady. And as I stated more are on the way. I for sure have my favorites..one being the rare "Willow".
she is a goofy witch but cute as hell and her costume, her dress and hat are the best I have seen yet. I also have a sexy as hell witch built by
BJ Winslow at Dapper Cadaver in L.A...this witch is HOT!! BJ did a great job with her and if you have not seen their props yet check them out.
http://www.dappercadaver.com/

Aside from the full size props I have a couple busts which I am starting to collect...one is a one of a kind swamp witch made by Midnight FX studios...they also make kick *** props and I am happy to have one of theirs.

I just got the Witch of stolen souls and am so happy with her. Like another poster said, I wish she had another arm but you know, her right arm was burnt off before she escaped from the fire when those townspeople tried to off her. This witch is awesome...the way she shakes and sways while speaking is well done and the voice is great...the speaker, in mine any way, does not sound tinny and boxy like most other props.
I was amazed at how good it sounds. The lantern is a great feature which does look pretty real as far as the flame inside is concerned and the little childrens' hands that appear inside it on cue is coooool! Her face is very detailed and creepy scary but as usual they skimped on the witches hair ...and the hat and hair are attached...which I always hate!!! I like the way the hat looks though because I am a stickler for a good looking conical witch hat...anyone agree? I recommend this witch!

Last week I got the Rising Swamp Hag and she is beautiful! I love her face..very detailed and unique from what I have. The costume is
typical fare...raggety gauzy,ratty...you know... but I like the swampish green tone. The Louisiana accent on this hag is quite charming but again the sound is typical tin tone. But this I really don't care because I become bored with the sounds and animatronics of my toys fast...I would just rather look at them.

So you will see other props that you have seen before in your travels, like the Wicked witch of the west...I broke her back...accidentally on purpose..let me explain! All the witch props I have seen pretty much stand up straight...boring! Hags are usually old and feeble and hunched I thought..so I figure I would try to bend the plastic stand/brace in the wicked witch to give her a different look so I started bending ever so slightly ..a little more...a weee bit more..SNAP!! Ooops...so any way, look at her now..she stoops over ....I like it....

So who needs Disney World when you can have prop room or two right?

Oh! I forgot to mention....I still can't believe it...just the other day I was saying to someone how our city sucks..I said , 'we don't have anything here..no Dairy Queen, no Sonic, no Guitar Center...blah blah blah.....'
Well any way the other day I went up to the plaza where they have Home Depot and Big Lots and I could not believe what I saw...A banner for a opening soon Spirit Halloween store.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it true that they are only open for like three months?

[

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Wow wich I had that many witches .At this point I only have 4.LOLAwesome collection

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow! What a great collection of witches! To answer your question, yes, Spirit Halloween is only open for 2 - 3 months. FYI some Spirit Halloween stores will sell their displays. You have to ask early though.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's a pretty extensive collection of witches. Do you leave them out all year? Do you display them somewhere different around Halloween? All I can say is "Wow"

·
Registered
71 Posts
How do you like the Witch of Stolen Souls? I'm debating whether I want to buy her, the Wizard of Oz witch, or the storytelling witch with the book in her hands....you own all 3. Which one do you like the best?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you like the Witch of Stolen Souls? I'm debating whether I want to buy her, the Wizard of Oz witch, or the storytelling witch with the book in her hands....you own all 3. Which one do you like the best?
Definitely the Witch Of Stolen Souls...

1) I love the way she moves
2) The sound is good.. not tinny like all my other witches
3) Face is great , pretty scary
4) Her lantern is awesome and has an off and on switch and is synced with her voice...nice flames..childrens' hands inside the flames... you have to see it in person.

I love the other two you mentioned also but if I had to choose ..it's the Stolen souls...I got her right from Spirit and she actually came earlier than she was supposed to.

I had to modify the Wicked Witch...bent her back (forward) so she is stooped over...and I had to slit around her eyes and some other stuff to open them up because it looked like she was squinting which I suppose is one look but it did not look right to me....after I did what I did she looks better.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
I love your collection however, your missing my favorite witch, the fortune telling one by Gemmy (she also holds a mini spirit ball with a skeleton head inside). She is so much fun to listen to (she sings along with her mini head). I never get bored from mine, wish I didnt sell my backup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love your collection however, your missing my favorite witch, the fortune telling one by Gemmy (she also holds a mini spirit ball with a skeleton head inside). She is so much fun to listen to (she sings along with her mini head). I never get bored from mine, wish I didnt sell my backup.
Kittyvibe , that one you have is so cool., I have a co worker who brings hers to work, that witch is so unique ..I love her singing " I put a spell on you"...
I always loved the skull in the ball too

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dear tarajunki:

Thank you. You just made me feel much, much better about the fact I practically have to climb over boxes of Halloween decorations to reach the laundry room in the basement.

Eviejenn

1 - 20 of 22 Posts