Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm hoping you great Halloween people can offer me some ideas for a great Harry Potteresque witches hat tutorial. I have seen a few great hats here and there on the web but no good instruction sources. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here's a tutorial I followed last year when I did a witch costume. It came out a little stiff (obviously to keep it's shape) but I just put some felt on the inside so I could wear it without any discomfort. But it turned out just like the picture. I was VERY pleased with the results :D

Making a Crooked Witch Hat
100_7001.jpg

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a tutorial I followed last year when I did a witch costume. It came out a little stiff (obviously to keep it's shape) but I just put some felt on the inside so I could wear it without any discomfort. But it turned out just like the picture. I was VERY pleased with the results :D

Making a Crooked Witch Hat
View attachment 190662

Hey that's great. I did see that one but always thought it would be too stiff and uncomfortable to ware. Thank you

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey that's great. I did see that one but always thought it would be too stiff and uncomfortable to ware. Thank you
It was a little stiff, but it will budge to fit your head. And gluing some felt to the inside where your head touches, really helped too. :) You could also use less elmers glue and more water than it says in the tutorial and maybe that would help it be a tad bit more flexible when it's dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
pmpknqueen
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing