Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
I love the cackling of the witches voices. Is this part of your sound track?

I too will check out your site to see what you used for the cauldron lighting and how you got it to flash and then go green? Very nice effect.

My only suggestions would be to add a string of flickering fire lights below so it's not a constant glow. I've seen people also add anything from twigs to spider web material "sooted" black around the base to give it more dimension and partially hide the light strings.

Can't wait to see the addition of the witches. Very nice job.

BTW thanks to some for posting the link to the site because I too can't see the link. Wonder why not. Maybe someone can tell us how to fix it.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Just started to look at your site and it is definitely a go-to site everyone!

I have the same bat you do and love what you have done with the cage. You do really nice work. Well back to lurking there.

Back from lurking. Kammo, all of your stuff is top notch, but I have to say I am totally blown away by your SPELL BOOK!!! That is by far the best homemade prop I've seen from its appearance to how it operates. The kids and parents are going to freek over this when the eye opens up and looks at them. I'm so glad you could post a video of it because it simply leaves you in awe. Thank you for being so generous with your how-tos. What the heck do you do for a living??? I love everything you've done and if I lived anywhere near your city I would be sure to visit your house and give you all of my Halloween candy as a thank you!

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
I'm not seeing in the site where it explains the lighting sequence, or even what kind of lights they are.
Edited} Ok, I see they are christmas lights, but how did you sync the green flood with the sound?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW halloweenscreamqueen, I never thought of that!!! That is an AWESOME idea. I am gonna go do that when I get done with this post.. That looks GREAT!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Ghost of Spookie Thanks for the props on the how-tos. I LOVE making stuff and my be why I love Halloween soo much. Plus I like having props that the local Halloween shops dont have... kinda sets my house apart from the rest..
LOL I am a DJ/KJ, I own my own Karaoke & DJ Company for a living. But my father was a handy man that could fix or build anything.. Guess I got it from him.. :)

The witch voices is a part of the witches scene but what you have heard is not the whole scene. I have taken a few different witch sounds and made it the way I want for the actual scene. Dr Morbius I use VSA with a few DMX controllers to set the scene to music or sound. With this scene the lights will fade into the 3 witches wile the main witch stirs the cauldron another witch is throwing things in the pot. In the scene the lights will fade in and out from spots in the yard to give it a spooky look. When I am done with it the loud splash you hear in the scene that makes the green light come on, the fog will shoot out of the cauldron about 10 feet... The video that I just posted is just a test on where it is now but I am far from finished with the project. It will be 100 times better when done....

I will get some pictures of the inside and post them today....

Thanks for the props guys!!!!

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Can't wait to see the video of your yard. The witch scene is a scene stealer I think. Especially if the cauldron shoots up like that.

BTW I showed my husband the video of your spell book and he was way impressed (he's pretty blasé about Halloween all together but I think he will enjoy working on next year's project). I'm going to try to incorporate something like the spell book for our 2009 yard haunt which will be mummy/tomb robber related. Have most of it worked out already and on paper and I think the "Kammo Evil Eye" will get worked into it very nicely. But that's next year, still have to get stuff made for this year if I can keep my mind off of THE EYE....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL Spookie, yeah I am soooo glad I decided to make that this year. It will go great with the rest of my yard...
So I went back and did the great stuff ash for under the cauldron and I am SOOOO glad you shared that with me, it looks soooo much better!!!
I will paint it tomorrow and ill get you more pics but here is what I got as of today.. Also, I placed 3 pieces of 2x4s as the inner frame so that it will fit around my cauldron frame... Now I gotta get a light randomizer so I can make the lights glow and dim at random.

Yeah I know the pics arent that great but you get the idea...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here is a picture of the inside of my cauldron for those who wanted to see what was in it... I have not put the wiper motor in yet because I have not gotten it but will be doing that soon! I will send more pics when I get a bit farther...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I am gonna put together a flicker plugin for it so it will flicker at random and all i have to do s plug it in... Ill put pics up when its done... and my site will have the how to for it also... time to trim and paint it today before work... Ill try to get the pics up of it before I go..

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well what I have found out today is, you really wanna cover all your light bulbs somewhat with the foam. It looks much better that way. If you have some hanging out and you paint them, just use paint thinner or rubbing alcohol to clean them with a q tip. I left a few bulbs showing and that cleans them off nicely. But next time I make one all the bulbs will be covered with the foam.
I got some pics and vid coming up here shortly, just waiting on the upload to YouTube...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts