Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year will be a Witches Ball theme. To begin the hunt for decorations, i purchased a 6 foot witch from Grandinroad that will help me greet our guests at the door. I am envisioning a feel such as the ghosts dancing in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.

And of course every witch needs a Dark Magic Spell Book. This I will place in the powder room so that the spells can be heard. The book actually opens and closes with a witch's voice reciting spells.(Grandinroad)

I have a collection of witches that are 10"- 5'. The smaller ones I will use on my buffet and dessert tables.

Today I found furry bats at the 99 cent store. They will hang at different levels at the entry stoop, at the front door. I'm thinking of hanging witch hats from the ceiling at the dance floor.

This should be a fun theme to plan. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The invitations are being assembled.
I used plastic DIY balls bought from Amazon and filled with a witch's concoction of dried mushrooms, rosemary, cloves, peppercorns, fake berries and flower. Anything would work. The details of the party are printed on photo paper. I like the way the colors are more vibrant rather than on card stock. The pagan charms were bought on Etsy and sent from China. They came in a reasonable amount of time. Finishing off with ribbon, placed in a 4"x4"x4" corrugated box and ready for mailing or hand delivery.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using mannequins that I picked up a second hand shop a few years ago to dress as Witches and Warlocks. To be placed throughout as if they were guests. I ordered Styrofoam heads for the ones without heads and will use masks.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,810 Posts
Oh my goodness - this is lovely! I just adore all of it... you're going to have a FABULOUS party!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Centerpieces for the high top cocktail tables will be fresh flowers in a pumpkin.
I purchased these Styrofoam pumpkins from the Dollar store a few years ago and found a use for them this year. I cut a hole just big enough for a votive candle holder. I will put water and a few fresh cut flowers in the votive on party day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts