Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make the pumpkin rot witch but did a search and did not find a tutorial on how to make it. Any suggestions? I have a foam head, paper mache and all that. I just need a general how to to get started.
Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGkmksFTZSmBQA5GBLBQx.?p=pumpkin+rot&fr=chr-greentree_ff&fr2=piv-web

There are many images on google images to give you the look you are after.......... click the above link.....
The best advice to you from me is to go onto>>>>>> STOLLOWEEN website he is excellent at the pumpkin scene and has inspired my work on pumpkins............... go through all his site and youtube vids................ best of luck :)

I would leave the foam head for another project myself.............. go onto stolloween..........
This is how i would make it myself......... get small garbage bags fill with crumpled newspaper and tie..........
Get a strong tape and manouver the tape moving the bag into the shape you want of the basic head and chin,,,,,,,,,, when happy with that give approx six layers of newspaper........... when fully dryed cut open the head and pull all the newspaper out........ Then re-tape the basic head back together......... mess around with card/paper or clay or whatever you can shape a nose with......... then look around forums and pictures and websites for skin effects etc........ look up corpsing on youtube............ get all the features sculpted onto your head when happy paint dark colour then layers of dry brushed paints............
Hopefully other hobbyists on here will give you an alternative or helpfull ideas............good luck its all in practice

·
Registered
472 Posts
I want to make the pumpkin rot witch but did a search and did not find a tutorial on how to make it. Any suggestions? I have a foam head, paper mache and all that. I just need a general how to to get started.
Thanks so much!!!
I have not seen such of a tutorial - there are some really good threads here if you stir deep enough into the cauldron. Some of my favorites for ideas and inspiration -

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/119529-year-witch.html

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/dark-crop-albums-willow-witch.html

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow...Stolloween is Amazing!
I made a pumpkin rot pumpkin head last year. I am assuming its the same basic way I just want to make a witch this time. Thanks for the great link. Im off to get lost in the site now! Lol =)

Happy Prop Making =)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Use stolls recipe for paper clay, use that to model a witch face onto a foam wig stand.
Make hat out of paper mache, use cardboard or chicken wire to build upon.
PVC pipe or wood for frame, build up using batting, foam, etc. Rots Skull Witches were built on paint cans, so use what you have, obviously Stoll uses anything and everything for armatures.
Mache paste on fabric or monster mud overtop, or just use fabric.
The rest is just stylization, paint and trial and error. Best wishes and Happy Haunting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts