Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
That thing is cool. Thank you for sharing it. I'm not going to have time to do any animated props this year. I got one done last year, and I'm taking on a massive archway project between now and Halloween, so if any animation gets added it will be store bought.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I did some 'hot coals' last year using the great stuff and orange lights (I used two strands, one solid and one that dimmed and brightened), some light coats of spray paint and they were awesome. Lots of tutorial on here on how to do it. I mixed some dollar store skulls into mine for effect that was lost on most people, but the people that noticed thought it was awesome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great work. I also live in Canada and have been looking for a small gear motor like the one you used for the head. Would you have a link to where I can purchase it?...Thanks

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Very nicely done. I have plans to eventually make one of these. I will make sure to bookmark this so I can refer back to it when I do.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That is what I was thinking... where did you find the dimming/ flickering lights?
I haven't found any that do that.... just regular orange led lights.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That is what I was thinking... where did you find the dimming/ flickering lights?
I haven't found any that do that.... just regular orange led lights.
I actually looked all over for them, and then found them locally (I live in a town of 4500 people, so the chances of that were so slim). Unfortunately, the place I bought them from went out of business a couple of months ago, so I can't even go see if they have more this year.

I do think that dimming or flickering white ones would work if mixed with solid orange ones. And you can get those as christmas lights.

I hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts