Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here it is all done except for a few details like leaves and webs. Our flesh hut witch scene for 2016. I'm very proud of how this all came together and works. The anguished skeleton rising from the ground was a last minute touch that struck me today and I'm glad it did because it really sells the theme of our witch bringing the bones of the dead back to life.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice!! Especially at night it looks great!
I have a witch house in my garden this year... you know, just in case your witch wants to leave her hut for another dwelling :p

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally AWESOME! Love that Witch and all the details. What type of skelly is that? Clearly not a pose-n-stay.
Thanks! The skeleton is one of the classroom teaching skeletons. It's cast from real skeleton and even has cartilage made from hard rubber in all the right spots.Its very poseable since all the small bones like in the hands and feet are separate and attached with wire. The only part that does not move unfortunately is the spine. There is a steel rod running through it from the top of the skull and extending to about 2 ft below the pelvis. Makes it impossible to get any really dynamic poses with it. None of the joints lock either. To get a static pose I have to use screws and wire to hold them in place. These skeletons are expensive, but I got very lucky and bought this one about 15-20 years ago at a flea market for $20! It was missing the skull and the guy just wanted to get rid of it. A Lindberg skull fit it perfectly.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,636 Posts
Saw this on Haunter's Hangout. Just an excellent scene with great attention to detail. Love everything about it. Your creep looks fantastic too. The stirring motion and the bones in the cauldron look great!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts