Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kymmm, I have been looking for that exact claw bottle for 3 years! I saw it at Disneyland in one of the shops in New Orleans Square as a set dressing (as in not for sale), and have been on the hunt ever since. Congratulations on a truely spectacular find!

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
Mr. Nightmare I would love to know where you got you witches or at least the faces I love them I want one!!!
My approach to Witches this year will be far more disturbing then anything I have ever created. I will be using very dark over-tones in the scene that will give the guests a since of uneasiness along with disturbed feelings. The premiss will be a seance that has not only gone terrably wrong, that has claimed victims... and your next!

I will be using low green LED lighting, Corpses posed in strange and unusual positions, flicker lighting and candle lighting. As for Props, I will be using the Witches I have pictured in my album as well as new ones I am making and having made for me. The atmosphere will be decorated with strange acutraments and old furnature. I will be posting pics of this late summer when I start work. I have been keeping this a secret to those that will be in attendance this Halloween, only informing them that it will make them frighted and disturbed.

View attachment 10136

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Mr. Nightmare I would love to know where you got you witches or at least the faces I love them I want one!!!
I bought them from Distortions Unlimited back in 2001. They are (in my opinion) the best witch prop made. I have yet to see a Witch that is made of the quality and realisim that they are. The actual item is called "The Wicked Witch". I am not sure if they still make them or not?

When I ordered the 2nd and 3rd ones, I discovered that each one was slightly different then the other. After July 4th, I will post more pics of the new items I am making and more pics of the Witches.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Did someone say witch ??? lol.... hey there, been awhile since i been to the forum ....

here is a few witches from our witch theme last year

witches cave (in the garage)

roof top witch we built

flying kiddie witches (witch flight school) motor made by my friendsDaveinthegrave

another witch we built sitting on the porch with singing pumpkins light showall over the porch

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Witch from Canada, that is a wonderful witch display.. I have a question tho, How did you get the fog bubbles to blow at an upward angle and out of the cauldron? Mine blow out parallel to the ground. I think it would hit the side of the cauldron and pop. I also love the huge vulture!! Everything looks great

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Witch from Canada, that is a wonderful witch display.. I have a question tho, How did you get the fog bubbles to blow at an upward angle and out of the cauldron? Mine blow out parallel to the ground. I think it would hit the side of the cauldron and pop. I also love the huge vulture!! Everything looks great

the bubble fogger is on a little stand so it is not at the bottom of the cauldron and the bubble came out fine that way we also had a black light in the cauldron and we used professional blacklight reactibe bubble solution , at night it looked like this

the tree stomp of the vulture we did ourselves , it is simply a 4x4 and 2x4 for the pedastal covered in great stuff ....then go outside with a torch and gently burn it a little at a time ....then a light black spray paint dusting and voila....very easy ....

we also made a fake fire for the cauldron in the house and a fake bubbling cauldron

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Kymmm i have a new pc so all my favorite links are in my old pc :( will try and log into it tonight and find the how too for you , i know a few in here have done the bubbling fire , the cauldron is the same thing except with green and purple xmas lights ...i'll fetch the instructions for you ;)

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Is the "hot, bubbling goo" made with wiffle balls and great stuff? The same way some people are making "fire" ??

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Witch from Canada - pls. do the tutorials if you can. I've been enchanted with your set up ever since I saw the horse drawn hearse and the mourning lady. I LOVE the vulture stand. I think the directions sound like something I could do without too much help from the hubby. I'm thinking I could use the effect in my pumpkin patch, just not sure yet. Thanks for sharing and the great ideas. Looking forward to the "how to"!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Is the "hot, bubbling goo" made with wiffle balls and great stuff? The same way some people are making "fire" ??
yes same thing :) you screw the plywood base to the cauldron from the side about 1 or 2 inches inside the cauldron THEN after that is done you put the great stuff on it (you will not be able to remove it after it will be permanent ....and then paint it .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Witch from Canada - pls. do the tutorials if you can. I've been enchanted with your set up ever since I saw the horse drawn hearse and the mourning lady. I LOVE the vulture stand. I think the directions sound like something I could do without too much help from the hubby. I'm thinking I could use the effect in my pumpkin patch, just not sure yet. Thanks for sharing and the great ideas. Looking forward to the "how to"!
Booberrie , the vulture stand is real easy , a 4x4 for the vertical stump, just cut it the lenght you want , 2x4 for the base on each side , and a 2x3 for the perch part , then great stuff all over the thing , do it like it is tree bark so verticaly , takes a few coats ....then when it is all dry use a blow torch OUTSIDE because is smells awfull and it is toxic so use a mask too , and gently burn it , use a spray water bottle to put the fire out do it in small sections , the brow and black color are done from the burning but after i used a little dusting of black spray paint also just to dirty up the yellow from the great stuff .....and you can also use a spray varnish Mat if you want also on it......i might have a video of me while burning it i will have to fetch that in the old pc .... ;)

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
You know what? Now that I think of it, I dont have a single witch in my entire collection of halloween props... what a shame! I never thought of utilizing any because the wife always was a witch for halloween and at all our hosted parties past 10 yrs or so. Maybe I may add a witch prop this year for my 2010 Haunt!

·
Registered
124 Posts
My approach to Witches this year will be far more disturbing then anything I have ever created. I will be using very dark over-tones in the scene that will give the guests a since of uneasiness along with disturbed feelings. The premiss will be a seance that has not only gone terrably wrong, that has claimed victims... and your next!

I will be using low green LED lighting, Corpses posed in strange and unusual positions, flicker lighting and candle lighting. As for Props, I will be using the Witches I have pictured in my album as well as new ones I am making and having made for me. The atmosphere will be decorated with strange acutraments and old furnature. I will be posting pics of this late summer when I start work. I have been keeping this a secret to those that will be in attendance this Halloween, only informing them that it will make them frighted and disturbed.

View attachment 10136
Those are some great witches!!!! Did you make them yourself?

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I would grab some of those Hobby Lobby bottles in a split second if I had a Hobby Lobby near me.. Some of them are pretty cool!! Ter Ran, it IS a shame you have no witches in your display.. tisk, tisk.. lol

81 - 100 of 786 Posts