Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 786 Posts

·
crossfit zombie
7,450 Posts
halloween71, don't take this the wrong way but... I HATE YOU!!!! :D

Here I was, cringing at my spending and deciding that today was my last day of buying anything Halloween-related for the season. I sat down to the computer after buying two mannequins, sure that I was safe, and there it was in my in-box, your post with that irresistable coupon code! My 2011 theme requires three floor-length black and purple bridesmaid gowns, and at $26 after the code how could I possibly resist these beauties?

http://www.buycostumes.com/Gothic-Countess-Nocturna-Adult-Costume/65556/ProductDetail.aspx

And for the record, there's no such thing as too sexy for a witch costume. Just ask my mannequins :p
I can never resist a bargin.I bought my headless animated bride there last year with same coupon got her for 54.00.So I have been waiting....but alot of the stuff is gone .
Love your dress.And I always love how low their shipping is no matter what you buy it normally 4.99.

F

·
0 Posts
Cleaning out my basement is scary by itself but today I found bone necklaces from Halloweens Past when my wife and I were cave people. They were just the right touch for Hazel....poor girls tucked in storage now that she is all finished.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is a perfect thread for my project...so far I am working on having five witches for my front yard but I think only three will make it.....:(
So far I have one set of hands done and a two heads on its way to be painted.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am doing a witch scene, my story is that Morumen Cemetery does hold some of the most vile souls within it's earth, and they can not be trusted to stay contained within out gates, so a guardian of enchantment must be with in the cemetery limits to keep souls and ghost and ghouls from getting out. This is the shack I'm planning:

The drawing itself is nice :)

·
crossfit zombie
7,450 Posts
Great jobs gris and hallow.
I am thinking of doing 2 or 3.I have three total all of them look different so I don't know just which ones I will use.I have my teeky witch that stirs and has sound along with moving her head.I did put skull on top of her stirring stick the other day.I have a witch I have used for just sitting in a chair that I will most likely use holding a rat over the pot.but I just don't know if I want to do another one or not.I am working on corpsed skull's on pvc with a flicker candle light.I latexed them yesterday and now just waiting for them to dry to paint.My book came in today.I love it!
Also last night I put a green twisty light in the front porch socket that will be used as my witch shack.I wanted to see how it looked it really puts out the light so I was thrilled.Next on my list is to find something like a bakers rack and start working on some bottles.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
lol Halloween71! My hubby tries to act like he doesnt notice me fighting with a prop. I have to "ask" him for help!! And then I'm usually annoyed at how he "tries to help" lol
I love seeing all the different ideas! I've seen the shacks made of pallets. They look great but I don't have the storage space for them. I was going to make my witch enclosure with the frame of a pop up tent but, of course our tent has dissapeared (in other words the hubby threw it away when it got bent) So, now I'm thinking of using black PVC pipe and covering it with Camo netting and creepy cloth. Hopefully it will work out okay

·
crossfit zombie
7,450 Posts
lol Halloween71! My hubby tries to act like he doesnt notice me fighting with a prop. I have to "ask" him for help!! And then I'm usually annoyed at how he "tries to help" lol
I love seeing all the different ideas! I've seen the shacks made of pallets. They look great but I don't have the storage space for them. I was going to make my witch enclosure with the frame of a pop up tent but, of course our tent has dissapeared (in other words the hubby threw it away when it got bent) So, now I'm thinking of using black PVC pipe and covering it with Camo netting and creepy cloth. Hopefully it will work out okay
That's funny about your hubby.Last night I was on the couch and I said I think I want to build a table for my witch's out of old wood.I said do you think you could frame it for me he said I will do it for you.So of course I told him I wanted a shelf to he looked at me and said well I 'll do that to.
Guess he don't want me messing with his tools.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
halloween71 your torches are looking really good!
osenator, I saw your witch sisters on another thread but I'm glad you posted them here so they can join all the other cool witchy stuff.. lol I think they are right at home here.. :)

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I picked up these bottles at the thrift store today. I love the one with the claw-like bottom! I also threw together this voo doo doll with stuff I had around the house.. It's nothing wazoo but I wanted it to look primitive.. :)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
those bottles are awesome, especially the one with the claw. your voodoo doll looks very voodoo. i saw 6 or 7 cool bottles at good will yesterday, but they wanted $2.00 a piece for them, so i had to pass

61 - 80 of 786 Posts