Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is a great thread! Like many, I am working on a witch scene for my haunt. I've been gathering up bottles and jars, skulls and books, odds and ends in preparation for it. The best I can contribute at the moment is a list of what I have so far for what's going on the labels for my jars and bottles:

Powdered Frog’s Bones, Deadly Night Shade, Pickled Gopher, Dead Man’s Toes, Pondweed Gathered at Midnight, Granulated Stalactites, Brimstone, Owl Feathers, Bat Hearts, Assorted Teeth, Dried Beetles, Divining Bones, Tongue Oil, Wolfsbane, Dragonsbane, Tombstone Moss, Vampire Ashes, Mummy Tongues, Pixie Dust, Mood Slime, Dust of Broken Heart, Variety: the Spice of Life, Goblins’ Toenails, Blood Worms, Snake Oil, Dragon Scales, Nightmare Leeches, Gnome Brains, Eye of a Blind Man, Jellyfish Stingers, Elenor Rigby's Face, The Green Elixer, Audrey II Seed Pods, Gremlin Hearts, Bat’s Blood, Dragon’s Blood, Fairy’s Tears, Weeping Willow Tears, Formula No. 86, Love Potion No. 9, Poison, Newt Saliva, Oil of Boil, Werewolf Sweat, Unicorn Milk, Black Widow Venom, Titan Arum (Corpse Flower) Nectar, Heartsease Nectar, Water from Styx: The River of Hate, Water from Acheron: The River of Sorrow, Water from Cocytus: The River of Lamentation, Water from Lethe: The River of Forgetfulness, Water from Phlegethon: The River of Fire, Dungeon Water

Some of them are inspired by random things from movies, tv, books, as well as from many haunters here on the 'net.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Der Grundel, you have some wonderful ideas for potion labels! It would be great to also know what you plan on putting into some of those bottles and jars!! I just received a few new items for my display.. 1. A glow in the dark Ouiji Board 2. A wooden Pestle 3. Two wands 4. A Wicca Witch book..

·
Registered
69 Posts
That pestle is beautiful! Great finds all

oh boy, where to start? A lot of them are filled with liquids of varying colors and viscosities. Powdered Frogs Bones is flour, Granulated Stalactites is sugar, Deadly Night Shade is dried roses, Brimstone is volcanic rocks in a jar with the fluid from orange glowsticks and KY for thickness, Bat Hearts is dried goji berries, Divining Bones are just chicken leg bones, Mummy Tongues are dried mangoes, Pixie Dust is glitter, Mood Slime (ala Ghostbusters 2) is pink shampoo, Goblins' Toenails are pastachio shells, Dragon Scales are dried artichoke leaves, Jellyfish Stingers are glow-in-the-dark lanyard pieces, Elenor Rigby's Face is a latex face in water, Audrey II Seed Pods are avocado seeds. Any others are bits and pieces I bought at halloween stores like small hearts, eyes, toes, feathers, teeth, bugs, snakes and the like. The liquids having to do water from various mythological rivers are mixed with liquid from glow sticks (mixed the night of the haunt) to provide an otherworldly glow without any need for blacklights. I collect a lot of bone beads, talismans and trinkets that I like to tie to the bottles and jars as magical objects and whatnot. It just helps make everything more ecclectic

If you have any questions about any of them in particular, feel free to ask

F

·
0 Posts
My witch project just took a step toward awesome today as 20 pallets were left in my backyard by the Halloween Fairy to build the witch's shack. A note was stuck to the pallets that said "Hazel requests a 1 bedroom house see that she is taken care of." You got to love friends that have a sense of humor and love Halloween.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
nice finds kymmm. the ouija i have never seen as gitd. that's pretty cool. der, your bottles sound cool. i like some of your fillers, think i will use some of them. gris, you gotta love those fairies

·
crossfit zombie
7,449 Posts
My approach to Witches this year will be far more disturbing then anything I have ever created. I will be using very dark over-tones in the scene that will give the guests a since of uneasiness along with disturbed feelings. The premiss will be a seance that has not only gone terrably wrong, that has claimed victims... and your next!

I will be using low green LED lighting, Corpses posed in strange and unusual positions, flicker lighting and candle lighting. As for Props, I will be using the Witches I have pictured in my album as well as new ones I am making and having made for me. The atmosphere will be decorated with strange acutraments and old furnature. I will be posting pics of this late summer when I start work. I have been keeping this a secret to those that will be in attendance this Halloween, only informing them that it will make them frighted and disturbed.

View attachment 10136
Love this and can't wait to see it.
This thread is what I needed to kick myself into gear and give my witch a nicer atmosphere.Keep the ideas coming.

·
crossfit zombie
7,449 Posts
Der Grundel, you have some wonderful ideas for potion labels! It would be great to also know what you plan on putting into some of those bottles and jars!! I just received a few new items for my display.. 1. A glow in the dark Ouiji Board 2. A wooden Pestle 3. Two wands 4. A Wicca Witch book..
Nice finds!!!

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Der, great ideas!! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to steel a few of them. and thanks for the compliment on my pestle :) Mr Gris, I wish I had a halloween fairy like that in my neighborhood!!! I found some pallets but the hubby wouldn't let me bring them home. :( hallorenescene, I found the Ouiji at Target. I thought it would look cool with a black light in the room. Halloween71 and 13mummy, we expect to see some of your stuff soon!! :)

·
crossfit zombie
7,449 Posts

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
halloween71, don't take this the wrong way but... I HATE YOU!!!! :D

Here I was, cringing at my spending and deciding that today was my last day of buying anything Halloween-related for the season. I sat down to the computer after buying two mannequins, sure that I was safe, and there it was in my in-box, your post with that irresistable coupon code! My 2011 theme requires three floor-length black and purple bridesmaid gowns, and at $26 after the code how could I possibly resist these beauties?

http://www.buycostumes.com/Gothic-Countess-Nocturna-Adult-Costume/65556/ProductDetail.aspx

And for the record, there's no such thing as too sexy for a witch costume. Just ask my mannequins :p

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
13 mummy, we are patiently awaiting pics. :) hallorenescene, I thought the same thing about them looking good in a witch doctor setting or even a pirate scene! Halloween71, that is a great sale and a great Costume! Thanks for sharing the code with us!
I absolutley love that black and purple dress! If it came in different sizez, I would be tempted to pick one up for myself!! They will look really nice in your wedding scene and your right, at that price, how could you pass them up??? Hopefully you can rest assured that it was ALMOST like spending no money at all.. ;)

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I wish I had the body for those costumes, but instead, I have mannequins :)

My plan has been to cover the wedding chairs with black fabric tied off with big purple bows. Those dresses couldn't complement the scheme any better. I'm trying to focus on the savings instead of the expenditure lest I realize how much I've spent in the last month (let alone since November) on Halloween stuff. Seeing $53 taken off my shopping cart total thanks to that code helps.

Oh! Speaking of witches and their kitchens, Wilton is having a tent sale that might yield some goodies for Chicago area haunters. I drove by today but my injured knee took one look at the length of the walk and told me to keep on driving.

41 - 60 of 786 Posts