Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 786 Posts

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have read several different threads and it sounds like a lot of us are planning a witches kitchen, witches shack, potion room or some kind of witch themed display for 2010. I thought it would be great to have a thread where we all could post pictures of the projects we are working on, ideas, items purchased etc.. I would think it would help to give all of us new ideas and keep us motivated.. What cha think??

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
My approach to Witches this year will be far more disturbing then anything I have ever created. I will be using very dark over-tones in the scene that will give the guests a since of uneasiness along with disturbed feelings. The premiss will be a seance that has not only gone terrably wrong, that has claimed victims... and your next!

I will be using low green LED lighting, Corpses posed in strange and unusual positions, flicker lighting and candle lighting. As for Props, I will be using the Witches I have pictured in my album as well as new ones I am making and having made for me. The atmosphere will be decorated with strange acutraments and old furnature. I will be posting pics of this late summer when I start work. I have been keeping this a secret to those that will be in attendance this Halloween, only informing them that it will make them frighted and disturbed.

View attachment 10136

F

·
0 Posts
This is a great thread since we have a good amount of us creating a witches scene! I am going with the traditional green witch (Hazel) this year and I am building a potions room outside. Hazel will have 5 bubbling cauldrons going and I have 2 complete so far. I have lots more to add to the scene including the animal ingredients shelf and all the little details. I like this thread alot!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Great Idea! I love the witch gathering idea. I have a bunch of boxes ( cereal, cracker, ect) So I am makeing witch bookselves with dummy books on them. But I am brain dead on what to do with the round oatmeal boxes. Does any one have any ideas for those. Maybe a magical powder container. I don't know what say you guys?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am doing a witch scene, my story is that Morumen Cemetery does hold some of the most vile souls within it's earth, and they can not be trusted to stay contained within out gates, so a guardian of enchantment must be with in the cemetery limits to keep souls and ghost and ghouls from getting out. This is the shack I'm planning:

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
M approach to Witches this year will be far more disturbing then anything I have ever created. I will be using very dark over-tones in the scene that will give the guests a since of uneasiness along with disturbed feelings. The premiss will be a seance that has not only gone terrably wrong, that has claimed victims... and your next!

I will be using low green LED lighting, Corpses posed in strange and unusual positions, flicker lighting and candle lighting. As for Props, I will be using the Witches I have pictured in my album as well as new ones I am making and having made for me. The atmosphere will be decorated with strange acutraments and old furnature. I will be posting pics of this late summer when I start work. I have been keeping this a secret to those that will be in attendance this Halloween, only informing them that it will make them frighted and disturbed.

View attachment 10136

ooooo...Mr Nightmare you are sure going to live up to your name. I love the witches and can't wait to see the new ones. Alway a great timeless theme and love your premise. I'll definitely be looking forward to your pics. I have various witch props myself, don't know if I'll use any of them this year, but love the thread anyway.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
ooooo...Mr Nightmare you are sure going to live up to your name. I love the witches and can't wait to see the new ones. Alway a great timeless theme and love your premise. I'll definitely be looking forward to your pics. I have various witch props myself, don't know if I'll use any of them this year, but love the thread anyway.
Thank you:D

I am looking to raise the bar this year on the visual and shock factor making the Witches both intimidating and down right frightning:eek:

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Great Witch, Yubney, leave the hair long, man. We had one quite similar several years back, with an oscilating head. The long hair added to the movement. Sha also had laser beam eyes that the kids all loved. Standing in a fog bank, the red lasers could be seen in the fog, sweeping back and forth.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW!!! Everyone's pictures are GREAT!!!! I am LOVING this! Lizrdgal, I have quite a few bottles but if you have anything unique, I would be happy to take them off of your hands. :)
MrNightmare, your idea is very creative and interesting! I want to see pics as your ideas come to life! I also want to see pics of MrGiles progress and Skullie's books!!!
Ghost of Spooky, I know "someone" in California that can use those props if your not going to be using them <wink> <wink> lol This is the first year I am doing a witch display so I love all the ideas! Keep them coming!!

1 - 20 of 786 Posts