Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be having a little witch party for my best friends. Im looking for some awesome witchy decor. If you have any thing you'd like to get rid of please let me know a price and post pictures! Thank you sooo much!!!

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
HalloweenBride, there is a for sale area in one of the Forums on here. I know that I have bought numerous things from other members who post things to sell as individuals there. There are also some by merchants.

Ebay is a great resource for witchy things. Also many of the Halloween sites run big sales in the months coming into the spring and summer. I haunt them and check frequently for things.

If you are looking for ideas be sure to follow the Gathering of Witches thread in the Party Ideas Forum. That is a thread started for Saki for her theme this year A lot of us into witches are posting our new purchases and ideas, too.

My Haunt, and parties are always centered around witches. I am always some kind of a witch. It never faulers. My friends and family would have a heart attack it I ever went to a party not as a witch or some type of conjurer.

You might also consider joining one of the Secret Reapers. I have gotten some amazing things from members in this fun exchange. I have also found that I can stretch my non artisitic self and come up with things for others. There is also the Pay It Forward thread. This is where people are able to send things that they no longer use or need to others looking for thngs on that theme. We have the Pay It Forward thread where you can add the things you like/need. Make sure to send your address on to Pay It Forward monitors so that it will be there in case someone has something to send you. It is such a nice thng to receive a PIF gift.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thank you so much!
I've been looking on Halloween websites.
I also am a witch all the time lol.
I'll def take a look at other posts on here for ideas and things for sale.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I went and looked at your past posts. Your wedding was great. So much fun.

Post here and be active with the witchy things so that people will "know" you. I know that sometimes we tend to seem very close knit---that is because we post so much and it becomes a sort of BFF type cyber things. I know a lot about some of the people on her and their likes because we all have such similar likes. When I am going through and cleaning out props or out shopping and see things, I often think about Forum friends who are looking for that. So, my advice is to be active and share the fun.

The Secret Reapers are so much fun. You will be paired with someone at random and you will send a box of goodies to them based on their likes they turn in. Many of us also stalk past posts to learn more about what they want and it is so much fun. Someone will do the same for you! We just finished the Winter Reaper with the final deadline to mail this past Saturday.

Bethene does most of the Secret Reapers. This is her final one until about mid summer.

But, saki.girl does one or two Mini Reapers so one will be starting soon. Watch for the signups if interested.

But at least check our the Secret Reaper picture pages for all the goodies. It is awesome. Would be fun for you to receive a box of witchy goodies to get you going.

I decorate all through the house and usually host two parties. One is a regular Halloween one and the other is my Be WITCHY party for only females. They must wear witchy attire. This year I am doing a Conjurer's Consortium for the main party so will also encourage fortune teller costumes with the witches.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I was thinking about your party today. Since it is in the off season, why not do something like a murder mystery play. I ran across some that were witches. You pay a price to buy them and then download all the info. They are based on various number of characters and even offer suggestions of what to wear. I think this would be so much fun. I wish I could get my friends to do something like this in the spring for Walpurgis.

Please let us know what you do and share some pics. I looked to see if you were signed up for the Pay It Forward because I was going to send you something, but didn't see you there.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,733 Posts
I'll list some of my favorite sites for you
Www.trendyhalloween.com

Www.halloweenasylum.com

Www.spirithalloween.com

Www.halloweenexpress.com

Www.buycostumes.com

Www.victoriantrading.com

Www.orientaltrading.com

I have to say I use eBay and etsy a ton. I just got a beautiful witch table cloth and server plate from victoriantrading company.
Other than here on the forum my greatest inspiration is Pinterest. Not sure if you have a Pinterest account but mine is posted under my name here. I have a few witch boards you could check out. PrintersDevil is the queen witch around here so definitely check out her boards. Also don't forget to check your local goodwill and thrift stores for things to remake. They don't have actual Halloween items out in most places but I almost always find something I can alter in some way to go with my witchy things.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all so much! I havent been able to get onto the forum to answer, sorry about that.
I will def check out the things you've suggested.
I will have tons of pictures from my party. I've hired a photographer to do a awesome witchy photo shoot :)
Im going to look into the pay it forward as well!

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Just sent you a PM with link to the Pay It Forward. It is on the front page of the main board right now, but you can click on the link I sent you. Also you need to send a PM with your address to Pay It Forward.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Check out this Secret Reaper that is signing up. It is different from the others and will have only one gift sent and one received with a wacky set of rules.
Friday 13th Leprechaun Reaper

You might be interested in it. Also one of the tradition Secret Reapers will start signups around the first of April. I don't know when the ship date will be for it, but it might be in time for your party.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts