Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our theme this year is a witch coven, with the main yard display being a witch forest setting. The idea is to have it look like a small clearing in a forested area, inhabited by three witches, related creatures, dead trees, stumps, a couple of witch grave stones and miscellaneous things that would tie in with the scene. We want to have some witch totems, in addition to the lanterns, etc..to give the set some visual interest and depth. Using the cheap foam skulls from Michaels, I made a couple such totem caps that will be placed on stakes or possibly wooden cross-like uprights. We'll place them close enough to the crowd line so they are visible and high enough to give the appearance of them looking down on patrons. No real rhyme or reason to these but imagination could dictate that the witches cast spells on these poor buggers, then saved the skulls as warnings to others. I think the younger kids might get a charge out of them.

Working on a larger one as well that will be a centerpiece kind of thing in one section of the scene. Will post when done

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdubbya
Another awesome project. Is it tissue and latex?
I've got some blow mold skulls whose destiny has just been decided / Thanks
I used an Elmers glue/water mix and paper (Kleenex hand towels).

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the nice comments. Much appreciated. The big horned skull is next and will be a focal point of one area of the scene. Need to add some more texture then color it up. Hope to have it done by mid week if our weather cooperates.

I'm calling him "Fu".

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finished up "Fu" today. He'll be a nice compliment to the other two

1 - 13 of 13 Posts