Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in a large neighborhood and get a ton of Trick or treaters. We have done odd and end things, some scary, some not, but we like to have fun to get the attention of the kids.

One idea I have not been able to grasp is the witch flying into the tree. The one we have off the front window is well loved.

Here's the catch, we want to recreate the witch flying into the tree with a live witch. We have the costume, we have the tree, we have no idea what type of rigging can be used to get someone a bit off the ground to recreate the scene. I know the amount of time spent in the position cannot be too long, but 75% of the candy is gone in the first 30 minutes anyway.

Any ideas??

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Thought that strikes me for the witch would be to get a nice big bicycle seat, and mount it on a length of pipe that's strong enough to hold the weight of the witch.
The pipe will be her broomstick, and her robes should be long enough to cover the bike seat, so no one knows it's there.
Paint the pipe tan with some weathering, and add some straw to the end - no one will guess it's a pipe and not a broom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts