Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I build a lot of props but I know very little about costumes. I normally buy cheap costumes but an off the shelf costume won't look good of these witches. I have three live size witches that are awesome but I haven't been able to figure out a cheep creepy way to dress them. I have been trying to search for a how-to for draping a witch but I have been unsuccessful. I would like something simple like the picture below. The witches are animated, one is stirring a cauldron, one is turning with a lantern, and one is raising / lowing a wand. Is there a how-to somewhere to achieve this look? Any feedback is welcome. Thank you for your help.

witches.jpg

Thank you,

John Cowan

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,956 Posts
Those look like static props which would make them easier to dress &/or drape. I'd suggest securing whatever you're eventually using. Pin it down to the witch, glue it, staples, etc. or it will just fall off with the movement.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I just made a stirring witch with the help of Cyclone Jack. He gave me the clothes from the one he has used for years. I have not
dressed her yet because I just got the reindeer motor for her head on yesterday and am still tinkering with it to get the movement that I want. What Cyclone did was cut the legs off of a pair of black work slacks for the arms of the costume. Then the rest is black material tattered and wrapped and draped around. Then he used layers of different colored creepy cloth to add dimension and cover up the top part. I will be pinning or stapling it to hold in place. The bottom portion is a black full skirt that was sort of cut into taters. Hope this helps. You can look up his YouTube video from several years ago on the making of this stirring witch.

Here is a link to it:

Stirring witch link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts