Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Michaels today with my 50% coupon in hand. I get the witch which is $50. I get her for $25. Plus, I had a $15 giftcard left from my birthday so i got her for $10! Not bad!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The other day I went to Michaels and got a Lemax haunted house to go with my collection for 20% off, i thought it was a great deal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Okay so that's not how you add a link. Try this again.

Removed the link, did it wrong.

This should go to the actual post in First Halloween sightings thread if not its permalink 883 in that thread.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I just picked up my pumpkin lights for my pumpkin posts. They were only $3 each where on the net I was finding them for $4 plus about $12 in shipping. I saved a bundle and didn't have to wait!

·
Registered
725 Posts
So I went in tonight, intent on buying the witch. Walked out instead with the skeleton coachman. He was $60 after the 50% but well worth it! The costume is really good, and the 3-axis skull alone is well worth the price.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
So I went in tonight, intent on buying the witch. Walked out instead with the skeleton coachman. He was $60 after the 50% but well worth it! The costume is really good, and the 3-axis skull alone is well worth the price.
I didn't think about the 3 axis skull....is it hackable? I don't care for the sayings and the hat.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I bought the witch Monday along with that skeleton grave grabber guy.
With the skeleton grave grabber...are you going to put it outside even though it says indoor only. I've seen a picture online with him outside and he has the stake, so i'm not sure why the box says indoor only.

Also, are you going to be doing anything to him. When i saw him displayed in michaels, his shirt was so thin you could see right through it. And i was wondering if when put in the ground if the shirt reaches the ground covering up the stake.

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
The trick with the 50% off coupons is to act quickly. Soon all of their Halloween props will go to 10-20% off and then your 50% off coupon can't be used on them. The mgt at my local Michaels doesn't budge on that policy.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Skeleton butler/coachman:

I didn't think the skull could move on 3 axis, just left and right. Is it a 3axis skull? The floor model's sensor is really crappy. I hope it doesn't apply to all of them.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My bad. I thought 3-axis meant it moved left and right and the mouth opened. The motion sensor on mine works great. At least good enough that if you put it on a path of traffic it will pick up on it. The sound sensor seems to only pick up on high pitch, which is fine by me as I have seen some sounds sensors be to sensitivy and fire off constantly. It also seems to be fast enough movement that sometimes the body frame will shake slightly. Really adds to the realism.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here's a video!!

Okay -- i saw all these posts so I printed out the 50% coupon and went down to Michaels -- they had one witch left besides the floor model -- I almost didn't get her but decided that for $25.00 I really couldn't lose, and I'm glad I did. When I got her home and set her up, I realized her head moves back and forth and she's a Gemmy - I always like the Gemmy ones! She's not one of the collapsible ones, she is on the pole thing -- but otherwise she's really nice -- her head alone is totally worth the $25!! I love love love her POINTY EARS!! Her hood covers them up, but I'm going to try tucking it behind them so they show, but it keeps falling off so I'll also try to tape it down to her head or something. I also like her silvery hair but there's not a lot of it. I'm not real happy with what she says -- I have a cheap green ghoul torso that I got at Walgreen's last year (they have it at Walmart this year) and he says the exact same thing -- you think they could come up with a different script for a different prop!! Her outfit also sucks, but that's easily improved on -- I'll have to see what I can do!

Whoa, I just checked eBay and someone has her for sale for $159.00 plus $33 shipping. And some poor fool will probably buy her. Caveat Emptor!! :eek:

So here's a video for those who have wanted to see her in action!

YouTube - 100 1225

·
Registered
74 Posts
She is awesome piece!! :) Glad have her lol!! Also there will be two more life-sizes Treater Greeter coming but don't know where its gonna be at.

Dead Donna Life-size Treeter Greeter
Skeleton Life-size Treeter Greeter

It is possible there will be more different ones!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts