Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a large disused fountain in the front of my house. Rain water sometimes pools there and it's not unusual for a passing bird to fancy a bath or a quick drink. However, this morning, I woke to find a happy murder of crows treating themselves to a spa day in my front yard. While some frolicked in the water, others sunned themselves at the fountain's edge and kept watch.

Had to post about it here since I doubt if anyone else I tell would find the sight of wet flapping crows completely adorable. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would love to see that!

I live in Brooklyn where pigeons are cosidered, well, you know, don't make me say it... another "scary animal" familiar at Halloween. Anyway, one warm sunny morning I was waiting on the elevated train platform looking across the flat roofs of several buildings. There was rain the day before and several inches of clear, fresh water collected in an olympic-sized pool on one building. The "vermin" looked _exactly_ like a crowd of humans at the beach. Some alone, some pairs, some in small groups -- splashing in the deeper part, soaking at the edge, lying on the shore stretching out their wings in the sun. Ahh!, a peaceful spa day with no interference from humans!

·
Registered
702 Posts
IMG_2482.jpg

too bad you didnt get a picture of those crows! It reminded me of one I had taken.
I pass this tree almost every day going to town, work etc. One time I went by it and all these vultures were on it! Its not unusual to see vultures hanging out on peoples fences etc but I jhad never seen so many of them on the tree before!

·
Registered
833 Posts
[iurl="http://www.halloweenforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=436377&d=1501616300"]
[/iurl]

too bad you didnt get a picture of those crows! It reminded me of one I had taken.
I pass this tree almost every day going to town, work etc. One time I went by it and all these vultures were on it! Its not unusual to see vultures hanging out on peoples fences etc but I jhad never seen so many of them on the tree before!
I want that tree in my front yard!!! Love this!!!:)

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
We decorated our wedding with pumpkins, apples, and crows... There were more than a few raised eyebrows. You're in good company. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts