Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a cemetery in my front yard and I want to put flickering LED's in the PVC (candles) at the colums 3 LED's for the 12 colums for a total of 36 LED's. I am also running wire to 4 rows of 5 toumb stones with 4 LED's on each one for a total of 80 LED's. I have CAT wire that I want to use but I don't know with 130ft. of fencing if the wire will carry the power that far. At each 10 ft. section of fence I am going to use crimp on connectors that you can unplug (1 side male 1 side female). All the connections will be + to + and - to -. I have 2 12v. power supplies 1 is 2a. for the fencing and 1 is 4a. for the toumb stones. All my LED's are 12v. pre wired and like I was asking I don't know if all the connections and length of the wire weather the power will go that far? Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
The load on your tombstones with 80 LED's is around 1.6A, the fence load with 36 LED's is less than 1A.
A single CAT wire may not be enough for 1.6A, you may get away with using 2 of the CAT wires for positive and 2 for negative. If you have CAT 6, use 3 and 3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for your help and information it has been very helpful. Take care and happy haunting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts