Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am electronically ignorant so I would like to ask some of you more knowledgeable folks if it is possible to wire the standard white reindeer motors to batteries? And do the motors such as madmax sells work the same way? Also, what about wiper motors? Can they be wired to the larger rechargeable batteries? I've seen plenty of tutorials on wiring to plugs but none for the reverse. I am outdoor plug deprived and couldn't animate numerous things due to fear of circuit overload. I realize in the long run the larger batteries are pricier but it would work out better for me in both placement of prop and overload fear. Does anyone know of any links for tutorials for those of us that don't have any electronic experience? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Reindeer motors use AC...no battery

Wiper Motors use 12v DC...can use battery. Go turn your wipers on on your car and see how long it takes for the battery to die.

If you really want more power, I would look into upping the electrical service to your house and wiring in more outlets...one of the best investments I ever made.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I use car batteries, power inverters and step down transformers. Along with haunting my home, they're useful for a half mile long haunted trail I do, where running extension cords is not just impractical but a fire hazard as well.

The inverters let me run 120v AC props on a 12v DC power source (the car battery). The step down transformers downgrade the voltage so I can run low voltage props, like my 5v DC LED spotlights, on the 12v DC source (without using the inverter).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Blarghity
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing