1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an Altronix 6062 timer
Altronix Corporation - 6060 24 - Multifunction Timer on PDF-Zoo.com

that I have used on my trash can terror a couple years ago. It was attached to a pir that came together. Well since then I disconnected the pir and attached the trash can to a picca boo. Now I want to use the pir with the timer to my spider because, I will not be anywhere around it to have it come on, on it's own. I unfortunately have disconnect the wires from the timer to the pir and can't get the spider to work. Can someone please help me with this???? Sorry but, I can't add a pic that is why I added the link to the preview page of the manual. I do not have a manual for it.
Here is what I have so far:

TRG= green wire from PIR
NEG= black wire from PIR and wire from spider power source
POS= red wire from PIR and wire that runs from POS to NO
NO= Power source continuing of the spiders previous power source wire
C= no wire
NC= no wire

I can get the PIR to light up and click but, nothing happens on the spiders end. I'm running out of daylight so any fast help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,462 Posts
It looks like the "c" terminal is the common for the relay power and the "n.o. and n.c." are the normally open and normally closed contacts. You need to have the power on the common contact and then the normally open would be the contact that would activate the prop.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I think I'm following you. Do I disconnect the power source from the neg and move it to C or the power source wire I have connected to NO and move it over to C. I tried both ways but, then the PIR doesn't seem to come on.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I wish i knew more about the PIR sensors. I am under the impression that you have to use certain PIR sensors with certain triggers. I have a bunch of combo flex timers from hauntmaster products and i wanted to use one of thier PIR sensors with a different trigger i got at a convention.They told me that the PIR had circuitry in it that would only work with thier timer, and whn i called the manufacturer of the other trigger, they told me the same thing.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about this but, I have no inf. on this pir. It was already hacked and has no brand name on it. I do know it worked great on my trash can trauma so I know it should still work. I'm just confused on how to wire it back up.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,462 Posts
Lets see if I can walk you through this. It appears, according to the link you provided , that you need a power source on the + and - terminals of the timer board. That is what powers the board. The trig terminal is what starts the event, timer starts,. The c terminal is where you need power for the prop, you can put a jumper wire from the neg terminal and connect it to the c terminal. Then the wire from the no contact goes to the prop That should do the trick. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help but, it didn't work. I still have the jumper between the + and the NC also. Then I'm running a jumper between the - and the c. It makes the spider lurch up but, doesn't trigger itself to come back down.

Here is a question. I was thinking that I really don't need a timer to begin with! All I need is to power the PIR to the spider. There is three wires from the pir, green, black and red. I have two wires for the power supply to the pneumatic. Can I wire the pir to the pnuematic so it will just trigger when a car comes by? It would make this much easier.

Thanks again for putting up with this.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,462 Posts
Remove the jumper wire from the + and nc. As for using the pir to fire a solenoid, I don't think that the signal from the pir would be enough to enegerize the coil of the solenoid. Check the voltage from the pir, green wire, and see what it is, also if you can check the wattage rating of the pir and the solenoid to make sure that it doesn't exceed the pir output.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I do that then there isn't anything connected to the no or the nc. It's a direct connect. The pir doesn't come on but, when I flip the switch on the power supply the spider goes up but, doesn't come down. I'm wondering if the timer isn't working. I can get the pir to light up but, not activate. If I hook the power into my pica boo it works fine on remote.
The wires on the pir are very very small. There isn't anything written on them. I don't know what the wattage is of the pir since it was just the motion sensor and some wires to hook into something. It can preassembled for my trash can that I got off ebay a few years ago.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,462 Posts
You need the no contact to have the wire that operates the prop connected to it .I'm going to be leaving in a few minutes and when I get back I'll see if I can draw this out for you. Probably 30 minutes.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
I use a PIR similar to the ones you get at radioshack PIR Sensor Module - RadioShack.com Mine has three terminals. One is for the + one for the - this is the power for the sensor the third terminal is the signal from the sensor. Mine puts out what is called TTL its a very low voltage for talking transistor to transistor and will not trigger/energize a relay coil. In order to do that you need circuit or board like this http://www.simplecircuitboards.com/Spec Sheets/TTL Relay Board 1A-V1 - Spec.pdf

So I'm guessing the PIR sensor is not energizing the relay coil and thus the contacts are not contacting and sending the power to the prop. You should have the + side of the power for the prop to the C and the other side of the + wire to the NO terminal. the - wires stay together.

Hope this was of some help.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a prob. for me since I had to put the spider in the garage because, it's getting dark and I have other stuff to do now. I would really appreciate the drawing. You seem to know what you are talking about. I'm just so electrical ignorant. I'm really surprised I haven't electricuted myself by now. lol

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,462 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wanted to write and say THANK YOU!!!! If it wasn't for members like you, others like me, wouldn't get anything done. The spider is working great and I can't wait until Halloween to put it out so the cars can set it off.

Thank you again.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,462 Posts
I wanted to write and say THANK YOU!!!! If it wasn't for members like you, others like me, wouldn't get anything done. The spider is working great and I can't wait until Halloween to put it out so the cars can set it off.

Thank you again.
I'm assuming the drawing helped? Glad to hear that and your very welcome, glad I could help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts