Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gramzie
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what to do anymore with the wires. I live in az. and there is no ground cover . no grass no trees. lol. nut-tin. wondering what some of you do with this problem..

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I don't know what to do anymore with the wires. I live in az. and there is no ground cover . no grass no trees. lol. nut-tin. wondering what some of you do with this problem..
I assume you are trying to hide them? Sounds like brown cords would be the way to go. After dark no one will see them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use a spade and push in/bury my wires and extension cords! Quick fix that really cleans up the final look. :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm in AZ also whichypoo and I find the brown cords blend in well at night. Others I cover with dirt and rocks (orange and green cords) or hide behind rock or bushes if I can.

If you are talking about keeping them down I've got some tent stakes from Walmart and zip tie them to those if I need to keep them in place. Remember to keep your pathways clear for your ToTs!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I don't worry about hiding them for aesthetic reasons, more for safety. I have a cemetery fence all around my yard to keep folks from tripping on the cords. I also made PVC arches that I feed the cords thru to get across the sidewalk. On the park-strip (grass between sidewalk and road) I use orange cords because I want them to be seen so ToTs don't trip over them.

The arches slide over T-posts pounded in on both sides of the sidewalk

·
Gramzie
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thank you all for the info the brown cords show because the rocks are white lol .. and I hate the way it all looks. mostly in my pictures

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
If your landscape cover is the crushed white rock, is it possible to make a little trench in the rock, place the cord in, and just push the rocks over? Should be pretty simple to pull them up after Halloween.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts