Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my wiper motor and also grabbed a 12v 5a laptop charger. I rigged the charger to the motor which works fine except I need a second or so of power for it to run. It seems to need a bit of a charge. On top of that I will be plugging this into a two-prong plug screwed into a lightbulb. The plug for the laptop charger is 3-prong. I can use an adapter but there are some safety concerns. Suggestions?

Sidenote: I could us an old PC power supply but its a bit bulk plus unsure how to rig that properly to my lightbulb IR setup :/.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bought my wiper motor and also grabbed a 12v 5a laptop charger. I rigged the charger to the motor which works fine except I need a second or so of power for it to run. It seems to need a bit of a charge. On top of that I will be plugging this into a two-prong plug screwed into a lightbulb. The plug for the laptop charger is 3-prong. I can use an adapter but there are some safety concerns. Suggestions?

Sidenote: I could us an old PC power supply but its a bit bulk plus unsure how to rig that properly to my lightbulb IR setup :/.
I use a model train controller to power my 12v wiper motor. They are a bit pricey if you don't already own them; but they work nicely... Cheaper ones come w/ 2 prong plugs so it's "safe", and you have complete control over motor speed at the turn of a dial!

***EDIT - On second thought - This wouldn't really help you with the "lightsocket" / ceiling dilemma. Sorry :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a model train controller to power my 12v wiper motor. They are a bit pricey if you don't already own them; but they work nicely... Cheaper ones come w/ 2 prong plugs so it's "safe", and you have complete control over motor speed at the turn of a dial!

***EDIT - On second thought - This wouldn't really help you with the "lightsocket" / ceiling dilemma. Sorry :eek:
Well I am wondering what the worst case scenario of not having a ground is? I can use an adapter... anyways for my first dilemma I found another AC adapter that is 3a so its a bit weaker but it might work better than the one I have. Worst come to worst I might be able to get something for a few bucks tomorrow....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts