Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out a prop I completed 10 months ago and suddenly the wiper motor shaft section is not working. Can’t explain why it worked perfectly before and suddenly stopped. You can see in video that I had to use a shaft extender. Somewhere between the motor shaft and the extension rod, it’s just not grabbing tight enough. I don’t know how to make it tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,422 Posts
Tighten the top part of the threaded shaft down against the shaft of the motor going through the coupling nut.Also you may try reversing the rotation of the motor . That might keep everything tight.

·
Registered
257 Posts
As it is now, you don’t really have any way of tightening the top portion of the shaft to the coupler. I would put an additional nut on the top part of the shaft (above the coupler) and when you have the coupler in place then use one wrench to hold the coupler in place and another wrench to tighten the new nut against the coupler. This should keep the whole assembly rotating together.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As it is now, you don’t really have any way of tightening the top portion of the shaft to the coupler. I would put an additional nut on the top part of the shaft (above the coupler) and when you have the coupler in place then use one wrench to hold the coupler in place and another wrench to tighten the new nut against the coupler. This should keep the whole assembly rotating together.
Completely agree! Put a jam nut between the shaft and coupler.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, thanks for all the help. I think I’m on the right track but still facing issue. I put a nut between the motor and extender. That seems to be secure now. I put another nut, this time lock nut, above extender. Perhaps lock nut was put on wrong side up but would that make a difference? You can see that same Problem exists....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need another lock nut above the coupler. It is always going to unread unless you jam nut the coupler. You could reverse the wiring so it will go counter clockwise. Or you can just use lock tite for a unthreadable seal.
Just so I’m clear. Above the extender is the lock nut. You are saying add another lock nut above that one? Or do lock tite inside the extender?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts