Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all this is my first motorized prop build for 2013. I made a peeking skeleton 2 years ago with a wiper motor, and I look forward to building some other motorized props this year. I spent a decent amount of time trying to figure out the linkage lengths and best way to build this. I used the Fright Props design as a model. I will eventually flat black the board, bracket and parts, and then extend the pole with the head on it . Maybe I will have it behind one of my stones. Might go classic Halloween and put a M. Myers mask on it , time will tell.
here is a short clip of my build.
As always I am open to comments and suggestions, and willing to help if others are trying to build something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNEkqF432i0

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is that high speed? I remember playing around with wiper motors a few years ago, and adjusted mine to go slower somehow. Seems a little fast IMO. I think slower would be creepier!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DJ I believe I'm on slow speed, I think shes running about 15-16 rpm. I am going to try feeding the motor with 3 volts to drop the speed, I think that's what I did back when I built my peeking skeleton. I fully agree slower is creepier!!
Thanks for checking it out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts