Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I went to a local (kitchener) auto wrecker today thinking I would pick up a half dozen wiper motors to start building various props. I had looked at the pricing for new motors at CDN tire or parts source, so i had an idea what they were new.

I was thinking I would be able to pick the used ones up for around 15 bucks, but the guy came back and said the cheapest he had was off a chevy cavalier and it was 35 dollars.

needless to say i left, but now i am without a motor and in need of some advice from any other fellow ontario canada haunters. have you found a good source for motors, either a wrecker or an online surplus store or something?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Try either Ebay or Monsterguts. I've gotten several from those sites over the years. Their wiper motors are listed for $16 bucks now, not including shipping of course.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I got mine from monster guts because, I wanted the bride of chucky so just got a package deal. I would check other salvage yards, freecycle if you have it or even craigslist if you have that up there too. That is a rediculous price for a wiper motor since you aren't putting it on the vehicle.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Monster guts definitely. I just bought two wiper motors from them last week. I already have them. It only took a week to get them. I spent $45 total including shipping. Quick and fast delivery. I will definately buy from them again.

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
RyanH, where are you located? The local Pull-A-Part sells wiper motors for $15. At Pull-A-Part, you take them off the cars yourself.

OOPS! I just caught the part about being in Ontario, Canada. Ignore my advice :D

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
Hey Ryan, I tried the local wreckers in Ottawa last year....the cheapest I got them for was $22 plus tax. Most of them were asking ion the $35.00 range. At the price they are here I considered paying to get them shipped from Monster Guts. This way you know you are getting something new and you know it will work well. This summer I was fortunate to get 4 used ones free from my wife's uncle before he scrapped a few minivans.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey. I live in Cambridge not far from you. I have purchased motors from cambridge auto wreckers on 97 highway. You have to go and take them offf the car. They will be cheaper. If you go to the desk and tell them that you want it for Halloween sometimes they will sell them cheap. I got one for $15. If you buy them as is without guarantee they are cheaper. Hopefully you can prey on their Halloween spirit. Good luck with your quest

·
Registered
129 Posts
check ur local craigslist. a guy here in my area was parting out a chevy truck and i bought it off him for 8 bucks! so look for ppl on cl that are parting out vehicles

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't know if you have the option there but I found a couple of guys that sell scrap iron. They go around picking up old dead cars and whatever scrap iron they can find, cut it up and haul it in to sell. I get the wiper motors off every car they scrap out for free.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
We use our local Pull-a-part here for wiper motors, also in the 10 - 15 dollar range. Canadian, too! :) Gotta yank them off yourself, but well worth the effort. Don't waste your money on any sort of warrantee or guarantee on them... I have purchased 9 over the years and have yet to have one even hint at breaking. They are almost indestructible!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts