Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first wiper motor package from Monster Guts. The only problem is I have no idea how to hook it up the the part I want moving. I've tried searching the forum and Youtube but noting was there that would help.

My prop:

Ground Breaker Coffin

I want to have a cut out in the front of the coffin with a skeleton arm moving up and down like he's trying to get out.

Can anyone help me to figure out what other pieces I need and how to attach to the motor to get this effect. I would greatly appreciate it.

I also have no clue what all the parts besides the electrical parts that come with it are for.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Basically, you need to attach a push rod to the rotating arm on the motor, so you get a reciprocating motion (up/down). Then, connect the arm to the coffin, perhaps with a hinge, and use the push rod to move it. It will definitely take some experimentation.

·
Registered
668 Posts
image.jpg

Here's a diagram (google image search ) on a couple ways of getting linear motion from a motor.

The first example would have the effect of say a slamming coffin lid.
The second one is set up for more fluid vertical or horizontal motion.

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the circle representing the circular rotation of the wiper motor? Sorry for my ignorance on this topic and thanks for the help.

View attachment 270560

Here's a diagram (google image search ) on a couple ways of getting linear motion from a motor.

The first example would have the effect of say a slamming coffin lid.
The second one is set up for more fluid vertical or horizontal motion.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,791 Posts
Hey,

You can essentially duplicate the mechanism I used for the tombstone peeper I made for you few years ago. The hand will come out and rotate like the witches head. The shorter the fixed arm attached to the motor the shorter the distance the arm will move out of the coffin. The witches head was attached to a wood dowel which goes through a rotating O-Bolt. The longer the distance between the motor and the bolt the straighter the hand will move in and out.

Hope this helps.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I hope you can get your motorized prop working like you want, Mummy.
I'm not well versed in the wiper motors, since I normally use other types of gear motors.

Fell free to PM me if you have trouble with the linkages or movement. I'd be glad to try and help.

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dave, I'll post pictures when it's completed.

I hope you can get your motorized prop working like you want, Mummy.
I'm not well versed in the wiper motors, since I normally use other types of gear motors.

Fell free to PM me if you have trouble with the linkages or movement. I'd be glad to try and help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts