Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a head popper but have a 12V power supply which is too much juice. Is there any way to slow down a wiper motor or do I need to buy a 5V or 3V power supply?

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Are you connecting to the slow or the fast terminal? If you're already on the slow terminal, then no. If you're on the fast...try switching to the slow.

So, if you have connected to the two terminals that are essentially at opposite ends (one is the second terminal in and the other is at the far end), then you can step down the speed by switching the wire connected to the far end to the terminal at the other end (closest to the ground terminal), so that you have the two wires connected side-by-side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have also seen the motor speed slowed by changing the position of the black case over the motor. This moves the magnets and requires the two screws holding the case to be removed so you can twist the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wiper motor winch

I am a 1st time user of this forum and am struggling a little with its format! I would be most grateful if someone in the know would be so kind as to point me in the direction of the plans for making a wiper motor

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have used this controller on many wiper motor projects:
QKits Electronic Kits: MX033, PWM DC Motor Speed Control Module
$19.95

The primary benefit of this board is you maintain all of the torque power from your motor at any speed. Dimmer switches will slow your motor, but they do this by cutting the voltage to the motor, causing a commensurate loss of torque.

The QKit board has a manual turnable pot that dials the motor down to the desired speed. I used an old PC power supply that had enough room in the box for the Qkit board. Nice and tidy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts