Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd pass on a photo of something I started last week............needs a little tweaking...........then off to molding.

Its sculpted from WED clay, on an iron pipe armature.

For those that are curious............Fright Theatre is not gone............just takin a little break and building an all new product line ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much everyone for the awesome feedback!

Ghost of Spookie: The hair is pretty much sculpted by hand.......the only tool I use is one that rakes the hair, giving it that fine hair look. I'm gonna attach a photo of the tool.

IceManFred: That is exactly the plan. The only issue is it will need to be reworked a bit. As it is right now, there are way too many undercuts that the plastic would lock on to. I'll pull a rigid casting out of the front half and rework the undercuts. I had both ways (inverted bust and 360 degree bust) in mind while sculpting but I felt I would compromise the 360 degree bust if I made concessions on the way I sculpted for the inverted bust. Anyway, no biggy, most of the sculpting work will be done.

To all: The intention is to create a line of "Haunted Busts" with the option of having the inverted bust or a 360 degree bust. I'm also tinkering around with the idea of animating eyes randomly within the 360 bust castings for a creepy effect.

Steve SAM_0285.jpg SAM_0285.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Fright Theater, this is so awesome. I am so jealous of the talents of so many of the forum members. Not only the artistic talents but also the mechanical and electrical talent that is here as well. I am just happy that everyone is so willing to help other members with their expertise.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lizzy: I am using WED clay for this sculpt. Its made by Laguna Clay. The product number is EM-217. Its a water based clay..........mostly the consistency of your school clays, except it has product in it that slows the drying process, allowing you to work on your sculpt longer.

To All: The sculpture is finished. The mold will be completed this week. It will be a silicone mold with a hydrocal / burlap mother shell.

Steve

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent thought Great Pumpkin! I had thought of that when thinkin out the best way to mold this. I seriously considered it since I'll be doing some rotational casting.............the lightest weight material would be best............don't have any in the shop.......who's knows...........may just drive over to pick some up real quick.

Steve

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Excellent thought Great Pumpkin! I had thought of that when thinkin out the best way to mold this. I seriously considered it since I'll be doing some rotational casting.............the lightest weight material would be best............don't have any in the shop.......who's knows...........may just drive over to pick some up real quick.

Steve
Yea I would Steve. Makes it a heck of a lot easier when your casting him!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awesome job on that bust! Very detailed and creepy!! Keep us posted if you decide to start selling these! That bust would be awesome to use for the following bust mold also! Just saying!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts