Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1535 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it is (whoot whoot!), the winter reaper is here!!!!

January 5 to January 25, 2014

shipping deadline:

February 22,2014

Rules:

1. The values of the gift must be $20.00, give or take a dollar or so,

2. The gift can be homemade, store bought, or a combination of the 2.

3. gift can be Halloween related or Valentine ( Mardi Gras too ) also,, depending on the likes list!

4.You must get a tracking number when shipping your gift

5. You must PM Bethene when you ship, along with the tracking number

6 Send Bethene a PM when you receive your gift, PLEASE do this, your reaper will want to know it arrived
Rules:

if you agree to these terms and would like to participate, please message Bethene with the following information:

Name and address
likes, dislikes, themes if any, and any other info you feel might help your victim (example< out door haunt, indoor party, etc) also may include Valentine things,, Mardi Gras , etc. PLEASE,, make it as detailed as possible, it makes it so much easier !!!
shipping preference : any where, USA only, USA and Canada only, Canada only, Europe, etc.

Have fun every one, lets make this as great a secret reaper as all our other ones have been!! ( YOU GUYS ROCK!)
Let the fun begin

·
Registered
917 Posts
Getting ready to go to work so gotta make this quick. :)
(This is a copy and paste from previous reaps)

I tend to go for the scary rather than cutesie type of decor.

I have one room that I have been decorating with spiders the last couple of years, always need more web and spiders :)
And my kitchen has been kind of a lab/witch kitchen type of decor. I have scene setter walls that look like stone block
that I hang in there with some dungeon accessories and I made specimen jars last year to display on the built in desk.
I have both of the animated spell books and the Grandinroad walking hand (my 4yr old granddaughter thought we needed them)
I got the kinda gothic type scene setter walls for my living room last year also, don't really have a theme there,
just thought they were neat. I'm going to attempt an FCG in the picture window this year.
I haven't really decorated outside too much yet. I made a large spiderweb on window screen to hang on the front of the
house in the entryway there and I have a large spider and fly that I hang on it. I usually hang a large piece of faux fur
with neon colored cut out eyes attached in the door there too so it kinda looks like a cave behind the web.
This year I think we are going to try a graveyard in the front yard too.

My family likes zombies (love to play Call of Duty on the Xbox)

I would love any handmade items, there is a very talented group here :)

Feel free to use me as a guinea pig to experiment with new techniques and crafts.
I'm open to receiving Valentine, Mardi Gras, or any other themed items :D

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Thank You Winter Reaper, I Love surprises so I wont be trying to find out who you are. Im very patient I appreciate your hard work and kindness. I wont be to hard to stalk, im always posting on the forum.

I love handmade things, repurposed, yard sale, your old things, or new from the store, wherever you get it and whatever you choose will be greatly appreciated I Promise! My Pinterest boards are a good place to look for inspiration.

Sleepy Hollow/Headless Horseman-Im switching up my yard this year and doing a sleepy hollow theme. So anything that would help with my sleepy hollow yard would be great. Im also doing my dining room in sleepy hollow style including my fire place mantle (I need lanterns different size pumpkins and a Sleepy Hollow Book for display) (would love any kind of sleepy hollow tombstone) (I also need a long black cape with no hood for my horseman) Those are specific things but anything SH oriented would be loved.

Vampires-I have a fairly large porch that I am making foam board and pool noodle arch windows to box in, it will kind of be a room. You can see it in my 2013 album. Im putting all of my grandin road vampires in there and doing a vampire themed mansion style haunt. Think Haunted mansion with vampires. Does any of that make sense? haha... I have some things on my pinterest board under vampire castle that might help you understand better. I want it to look like you stepped inside Draculas castle. (I need a bust, a silver tray and red LED candles) Those are just specific items I am on the look out for, anything vampire will be greatly appreciated.

I love Edgar Allan Poe- In 5th grade a teacher read The Tell-Tale heart to us on Halloween day, she turned off the lights and acted it out around the room as she read, it absolutely changed my life. I am an avid reader of the macabre and Halloween nut because of her. fyi, I think nothing is more romantic than Annabel Lee. My Daughter is named Annabella after House on Haunted Hill and The Annabel Lee poem it's my favorite :) ( Would love to find some long black Raven feathers) again that's just a specific anything Poe would be a treasure for sure.

Wicked Witch of the West/ Elphaba, love love love the green queen. Don't care much for the wizard of oz but definitely a Wicked fan. (saw on etsy they had a green elixir bottle and I would love to find one of those and make it very elphaba esk for my witchy stuff) again another specific but you cant go wrong with witches!

Universal Monsters- black and white horror movies, hammer films

I love everything skulls and roses, might come in handy since its Valentines Day, there will be roses everywhere. My bedroom is red roses and skulls themed, Red White and Black. I love Gothic Romance type things. I love my hubby!!! I love Halloween!!! so naturally makes sense hu. My Hubbys name is Will and we have been together since high school. Feb 8th will be 18 years!

I love Tea, everything Tea related. We are a military family and were stationed in Europe for a few years. My daughters earliest memories are of us at tea shops. She is 7 and it is a thing with she and I now. Naturally I do a Halloween Tea. Most of the time its a Witches Halloween Tea. Im not sure how this happens but I don't have any pics of one. We set up the dining room table with spooky linens, napkins, sugar bowls, creamers, tea cups and pots, tea towels, tea strainers, and pretty spoons. So anything spooky tea related would be a gift to me and my daughter - a two for one gift, haha...Valentines Day Tea items are welcome also, We have a tea set up for every holiday.

Graveyards, I love graveyards and cemeteries, very calming and makes me happy

I love roses in red white and black, would love to have a white rose a bit blood spattered. Im not into gore but a little blood is okay. Also love silhouettes, cameos and black lace everything.

I decorate in classic Black and Orange---- Red and Black ---- and Black and White, I have pics in my albums.

Really I couldn't ask for a better Reaper, My favorite colors are Red and Black and I love Red Roses, Hearts and Skulls. This Reaping should have been named Bloody Valentine :)

Dislikes:
Snakes(yikes!!)
knife murder things, butcher shop items
demon, zombie or ghost babies and kids, I have kids and don't like dead ones
Occult, Ouija boards

Don't need:
spiders, I did a spider lair on my porch this past year and have a ton of them now
string lights, I found a good clearance and have a ton of orange lights now

www.pinterest.com/BerniceEast

·
Head Witch
2,871 Posts
Skulls any kind
Voodoo dolls
Voodoo
Witchy Items
can't go wrong with Zombies
Gothic
We are doing a nightmare before christmas at our campsite this year, not at the house due to I am getting married on halloween.
Bloody valentine goodies are cool too.
Creepy
Oddities
Mad scientist
Love the universal monsters
Handmade items are super cool,
repurposed items are the bomb
so are second hand, i am very easy to please

Dislikes
Cute
Clowns
Most Disney
Blow molds
Red Dye ( Very allergic)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
ok
here we go for my likes and dislikes

]Gothic, garden, and graveyard haunt is this year’s theme 2014
so anything for this theme would love homemade or bought items.
I love thrift store finds
ravens
rod iron anything
lanterns any kind
skulls
owls
statues
candles
Bird cages
Water fountains small ones for garden.
Flower bulbs
Pumpkin seeds or zucchini seeds to grow in garden 
white , purple or red string lights are always good
funeral baskets
candle holders
Green man for garden
Steampunk items for my haunt would be killer
Gothic or steam punk fairy door
bird houses done up Halloween or steampunk
Lion heads Like on items you hang in garden
Chandelier one you have made or even one that I can make over to hang outside in garden 
Ghost Mirror done like this
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-crafts/133405-ghost-mirror.html

Candle sticks
Your design of a sun dial for garden

love gothic items
LOVE red glass anything. (Starting to collect the avon cap code glass)
things for a haunted garden.

some unique vase to do this to or put out in garden
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/76772368621703344/

for valentines any things with twisted heart theme
love dark choc and choc

Mardi Gras twisted mask for my gothic graveyard would be wicked cool or even lot of beads i could have them hanging out a vase and on grave stones

some ideas on pinterest

http://www.pinterest.com/sakigirl650...gothic-crafts/

http://www.pinterest.com/sakigirl650/gothic-garden-halloween-haunt-2014/

favorite colors are red and black
[/SIZE]

Dislikes
do not like bloody things,
no body parts ,
zombies
not into to cute halloween stuff .
clowns

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ooooohhh I am so tempted. I love these things they lift my spirit every time! I would be even more challenged than normal seeing as we don't really do valentines either lol. Butttt I don't think I can afford it this time. I will think! Maybe I will get a job before the signup deadline, you never know. If not I'll just have to enjoys the pics :)

1 - 20 of 1535 Posts