Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any idea on how to make a Hocus pocus Winifred Sanderson costume I wanted the deluxe version from Spirit Halloween but they don't come in a big enough size I don't want that cheap one anyone have any ideas on how to make one

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,403 Posts
Have you tried Etsy? It may not be cheap but it will be good quality.

You could also try these guys, once again not cheap:

You could also always try a local tailor or costume shop. Then you'd be staying local & putting money in their pockets instead of Spirit's.

·
Registered
239 Posts
are you able to sew at all? i know joanns has several different "mideval" or "renaissance" patterns you could layer together to make something quite similar.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,403 Posts
I know you want "screen accurate" but depending on where you're wearing it, most people won't know the difference.

But I know what you mean, YOU will know & if it were me it would probably bother me too if some little thing was off.

Unfortunately sometimes plus sized things come with a plus sized price which is ridiculous. Could you buy a cheaper one & alter it in some fashion? Sewing an ENTIRE costume can be daunting, but maybe adding extra fabric or a cover up of something may not be as hard if you don't know how to sew at all.

If you don't want to sew maybe find a local tailor for some advice. It would be cheaper to have something altered than to have it made from scratch.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ebay has these

Maybe you could piece something like these together and add some embellishments and come up with a suitable Winnie costume.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts