Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I want to place a winged Demond on the roof of my haunt to greet tots. It will have three movement from a crouch stand, bend over and wings will extend. In addition to these he will talk, eyes will glow red and of course some smoke. So far I have built the frame, wings and pneumatics. Have to animate the head, fabric the wings, paint and detail then the fun part recording sound track and programming. Here are a couple of Picts. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why yes I did used large fender washers. I believe the joints should hold up fine there should not be much stress on them the movement I plan will not be a violent wing flap. By the way I love this product and have a box full of them always thinking of different ways to use them.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
Why yes I did used large fender washers. I believe the joints should hold up fine there should not be much stress on them the movement I plan will not be a violent wing flap. By the way I love this product and have a box full of them always thinking of different ways to use them.
Thanks, always nice to hear. I'll be watching this one. I always like to see something new and different being built. ;)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Looking good! Just an FYI, I have great little Audio Servo Controllers for the jaw sync if you're interested. Eliminates a lot of time and effort in the programming and you can easily change the recordings without having to re-program the jaw.
http://www.audioservocontroller.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
How about a heavy gauge black plastic, like 3mil or heavier? I saw somewhere else someone use a heavy plastic for a static winged creature and it looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To update my progress as of last night ran pneumatic lines and all motions are working after some tweaking and adjusting air pressure down to 25 PSI. Tore down and painted frame armature flat black. I will be using lycron material for wings and liquid latex over top on wing structure. I'm not sure how this will work so I will experiment on some PVC and a bit of the material. Will post pics and some video when I get it all back together again.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Having one heck of a time attaching the fabric to the wing armatures. But i was able to hack the plastic skull install the red leds, foam and mount the servo platform. Filled in the eye sockets with hot glue to haze out the brightness of the leds.
wd skull.jpg
wd skull 2.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last night finished attaching wing material to armatures. Ended up sewing since glue was not holding what a pain as my sewing skills stink. At my age just threading the needle was a project. Mounted and fully adjusted jaw servo action now the fun part of detailing everything then recording audio and programming. I'm going to use a Prop 1 and RC board so it will be a stand alone prop. I will record some video once I remount the cylinders.
photo 1(1).jpg
photo 2(1).jpg

As you can see I have alot of detailing to do but the general idea is there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts