Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HALLOW EVERY BODY...

Just did a bit of scanning for beverages for our party this past weekend and thought I would share some wines that already have great labels for Forum Fiends and are inexpensive - but tasty! What have you found? Enjoy and
BOO!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey Susie Boo!

I can vouch for the Vampire wines - especially the Merlot. I'll have to look for the other two. Thanks for sharing this Wine-y thread.:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Several of my guests prefer red wines (especially red zins). That being the case, I always stock up on Dracula zin (also by the Vampire folks), EVIL, and Seven Deadly Zins. I am more of a rum/vodka drinker so I don't honestly know a good wine from a bad one, but these three are always a hit with my wine-drinking friends.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We picked up two bottles of wine from our last trip to Romania, one of them called "Blood of Dracula", but I can't bring myself to open them
I would feel the same! But if you did - you would HAVE to keep the bottles for props!
;)

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Several of my guests prefer red wines (especially red zins). That being the case, I always stock up on Dracula zin (also by the Vampire folks), EVIL, and Seven Deadly Zins. I am more of a rum/vodka drinker so I don't honestly know a good wine from a bad one, but these three are always a hit with my wine-drinking friends.
Hallow and Perfect!! I have never seen the other Vampire ones... thanks! :)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Oh I have got to find those! I've seen Vampire but not those others. Very cool!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ooh, thanks for sharing, I need to look for that Witches Brew!! I've gotten the Vampire wines before - pretty good stuff! In previous years, I've had Vampire, Evil, Spellbound, Zombie zin, and Trick (red) and Treat (white) wines. If you're near a Cost Plus/World Market, they have most of these plus Ghost Pines, Phantom (Bogle), and Casillero del Diablo. Lots of neat Halloween beers in stock now, too... thought I'm not a beer drinker :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My friend called yesterday to tell me she picked up a bottle of Trick for me. I have not seen it yet but am excited. She said it has a pumpkin on the label.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few wine prices

How expensive are these?

HALLOW AND here are a few prices from our local Kroger wine section:
Mad Housewife (how did they know? !) 10.99
Twisted 5.99 Witches Brew 6.99 Vampire 14.99
Toasted Head - (love the bear spitting fire) 12.99
Jekel 10.99
Paso Creek (Spooky tree with owl on label) 17.99
Valley of the Moon 13.99
Wild Horse ( Icabod Crane luvs this!) 18.99
Fish Eye (more witches potions!) 4.99
Dog House (where we are after spending so much on props!) 7.99

Something for everyone!
BOO!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Now you're talking my language! There's a winery in Gettysburg (not adam's co. winery but the other one) that makes a "Devil's Den" red after the infamous Devil's Den on the battlefield. Very good wine to go with food.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I am a wine drinker, and had no IDEA they created these wines!!!! How cool!!

I love it, will have to start looking at my liquor stores for these!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was glad to see Paradive mention Casillero del Diablo vinyards. They are out of Chile and honestly one the best budget wines out there. If you like reds, you must try their Carmeniere and the Malbec. Two of my favorites and both usually around $11. The labels aren't as cool as they used to be however. It used to show a slightly open door with a shadow of a devil coming out of it. They are less cartoony now, but the wine is still wonderful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts