Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
How interesting! No, I haven't even ever seen anything like that!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting idea. Looks like a very fancy bottle stopper. I suppose if you aren't handy with a torch or soldering iron, you could make the arms out of bakable clay glued to a stopper. If anyone tries, please let me know.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks cool but worried it would be unbalanced. I think it would look really nice as two bottles holding something similar.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would think to balance it you would need to ensure both arms are equally weighted and evenly distributed on each side. You could also secure bottom with a small round base.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
One bump and it's "Flame On" at the party.... Looks so cool - but not too safe. Besides, after you drink the wine (you will, won't you? ;)) the bottle will be too light. Just sayin' -- things could get hot :p BOO!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think it looks really creepy, especially if it had a potion or poison label instead of the wine label. I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't weight the empty bottle down with pebbles or something and use flameless candles

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Looks very unique and interesting. Maybe you can create some small PVC candles to use instead of real candles.

Post pics if you decide to take on this project!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i found one of these at good will for $ .60! it was a great deal and works really well. i filled the empty bottle with water to make it steady and the cork top goes in nice and tight to prevent spilling!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Took another look at the wine bottle set up today and was thinking of taking a sturdy tree branch, laying it sideways and gluing to the cork. Then I could use voltive candle bases (painted black) to hold a battery taper and clue them to the branch. I'll let you know how it turns out when I do it.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I've never seen those before, it would be neat to see someone duplicate them! I'd be worried about the balance though.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
hmmmmm... interesting... very interesting (places thinking cap on)

Filling the bottle with sand might help prevent tipping.

Balance should be less of an issue, if the bottle weighs more than Candelabra.

Securing the bottle to the table or base with quake hold putty might also help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts