Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting idea. Looks like a very fancy bottle stopper. I suppose if you aren't handy with a torch or soldering iron, you could make the arms out of bakable clay glued to a stopper. If anyone tries, please let me know.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
One bump and it's "Flame On" at the party.... Looks so cool - but not too safe. Besides, after you drink the wine (you will, won't you? ;)) the bottle will be too light. Just sayin' -- things could get hot :p BOO!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think it looks really creepy, especially if it had a potion or poison label instead of the wine label. I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't weight the empty bottle down with pebbles or something and use flameless candles

·
Registered
63 Posts
Took another look at the wine bottle set up today and was thinking of taking a sturdy tree branch, laying it sideways and gluing to the cork. Then I could use voltive candle bases (painted black) to hold a battery taper and clue them to the branch. I'll let you know how it turns out when I do it.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
hmmmmm... interesting... very interesting (places thinking cap on)

Filling the bottle with sand might help prevent tipping.

Balance should be less of an issue, if the bottle weighs more than Candelabra.

Securing the bottle to the table or base with quake hold putty might also help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.