Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a place to download free Halloween window projections? I might be able to get ahold of a projector this year and I might need some content to project. I'm going for scary stuff, not silly. Thank you!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I looked on there and I don't see anything for free. Its fairly cheap - but with all the stuff I have gotten already the cost is starting to add up - so I'm looking for free alternatives.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
OOPPPS. Sorry, I forgot I just went with the cheap download. This year I bought the new DVD.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I need a screen the size of a single car garage door. I know that most people use the walmart vinyl shower curtain, but I don't think that would be big enough. Does anyone know if a plain flat and white bed sheet could achieve the same effect?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I might have to break down and give it a try then. When they say it is $26.00 CAD how does that translate to US dollars when paying through Paypal? Does that end up $26.00 dolalrs? Just seems high for 4 minutes of video.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
I think Pay Pal does the conversion. Figure about $24 USD right now. The exchange rate changes daily. I bought Mark's DVD last year and it was a huge hit in my neighborhood. Even with only 4 minutes I think the kids will feel it was worth it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well I might have to break down and give it a try then. When they say it is $26.00 CAD how does that translate to US dollars when paying through Paypal? Does that end up $26.00 dolalrs? Just seems high for 4 minutes of video.
Its closer too 12 minutes worth of animation on the dvd if you want cheaper you can just download his first one from his website for $6 my friend has it and its very cool it also comes with the eye animation and i would pay $6 just for that.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Also, I need a screen the size of a single car garage door. I know that most people use the walmart vinyl shower curtain, but I don't think that would be big enough. Does anyone know if a plain flat and white bed sheet could achieve the same effect?
I'm using the flat white sheet. So far the image projects pretty good on it.
I haven't tried a shower curtain, so I can't compare the two.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have always wanted to do this, but did not know what projections or projectors to use. i am guessing it is pricey for a machine, unless there are cheap ones i do not know about? anyone care to share what they spend on this prop?

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you're looking for free, you can download clips from youtube and then process the scenes together with a movie editing software such as imove.

I use something free such as vixy to capture the youtube clips:

vixy.net : Online FLV Converter : Download online videos direct to PC / iPod / PSP. It's free!

You may be surprised at some of the great animation clips people have produced and shared via youtube. Here's an example of the one of the scenes I've enjoyed:

YouTube - peppers ghost video final

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you're looking for free, you can download clips from youtube and then process the scenes together with a movie editing software such as imove.

I use something free such as vixy to capture the youtube clips:

vixy.net : Online FLV Converter : Download online videos direct to PC / iPod / PSP. It's free!

You may be surprised at some of the great animation clips people have produced and shared via youtube. Here's an example of the one of the scenes I've enjoyed:

YouTube - peppers ghost video final
YouTube ripping sites including vixy have been disabled, they no longer work. Google has changed their code to prevent 3rd party YouTube downloads so they can now offer downloads for cash. They've been working on this since February.

I just tried three differect sites and none of them work anymore.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Last year, I set up a projector and used these programs.

ImaginEERIEing : Digital Puppetry for Home and Pro Halloween Haunts

I key mapped the control to a game pad for the face movements.

The trick-or-treaters (and their parents) loved it. I projected the entire thing at a height of about 4 feet tall on picture sheer curtain material through my picture window.

I would think a bed sheet would also work well. But sheer curtains are much thinner than sheets.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Last year, I set up a projector and used these programs.

ImaginEERIEing : Digital Puppetry for Home and Pro Halloween Haunts

I key mapped the control to a game pad for the face movements.

The trick-or-treaters (and their parents) loved it. I projected the entire thing at a height of about 4 feet tall on picture sheer curtain material through my picture window.

I would think a bed sheet would also work well. But sheer curtains are much thinner than sheets.
Holy crap is that cool! I like the hallowindow but this would be very cool to do as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
YouTube ripping sites including vixy have been disabled, they no longer work. Google has changed their code to prevent 3rd party YouTube downloads so they can now offer downloads for cash. They've been working on this since February.

I just tried three differect sites and none of them work anymore.
No doubt this explains why I've had some trouble with the site, though I have gotten it to work in the last couple days.

I used the following site today which requires an email address, but works perfectly:

Zamzar - Free online file conversion

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
No doubt this explains why I've had some trouble with the site, though I have gotten it to work in the last couple days.

I used the following site today which requires an email address, but works perfectly:

Zamzar - Free online file conversion

Yep, YouTube/Google is getting greedy. They want to charge people to download videos that people created/uploaded so they are attacking all the download sites. I think Savetube still works ok, at least I used it today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts