Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone ... I just came into a HUGE windfall of free wood. My neighbors are putting in an in-ground pool (must be nice, huh?), so they are ripping down their old 5' cedar fence and putting up a 6' wrought iron (well, that fake 'wrought iron' looking stuff, anyway) fence. And since they love me and are more than happy to enable my Halloween addiction (much to the joy of the hubby /sarcasm), they told me I could have all of the fencing that I wanted.

Yay for awesome neighbors!

Anyway, I want to make a toe-pincher from the pickets (I probably will wind up with enough to make TWO of them). I've been reading over ScareFX's plans here ScareFX: $25 Full-Size Toe-Pincher Coffin: The Coffin and it looks like I can definitely use their idea. What I'm wondering is if I'm going to have to do something special since the wood is actually cedar and not the pressure treated pine? Can I still use drywall screws (which is what I use for just about all my props, including my fence) or will I have to buy different ones?

Thoughts?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Hi Murf !!
Drywall screws would prbably work. I normally use deck screws for most of my outdoor props.
But, a screw is a screw--If it's long enough to hold two pieces of wood together that's all you need!
Congrats on your windfall! Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts