Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, but couldn't find a thread for William Sonoma's 2014 Halloween merchandise and wanted to geek out on it a little, so here I go....

Their Nordic Ware pumpkin loaf pan isn't as pretty this year as it was last year, but I'm super excited because my mother SOMEHOW found one from last year and gave it to me for my birthday! I would have been extra disappointed that I didn't grab one last year if she hadn't found it.

This year they have some bone designed barware like a corkscrew, bottle opener and sifter that aren't done that well. The bones look sloppy. The drink stirrers and picks look like well crafted bones tho. The linens with the black glittery skulls look boring online, but much nicer in person... except for the price. The pancake molds look cool, but what I'm most excited about is the Staub cast iron pumpkin that looks like a dutch oven! It is already out of stock and won't ship until Oct 16th!

Staub-Pumpkin-Cocotte-3½-qt..jpg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the pumpkin on order. I'm going to curl up and snuggle with it when it gets here! I hope it is as gorgeous in real life as it is in the photos!

WS usually doesn't have a ton of Halloween items, but they are fancy and similar in quality/style as Pottery Barn.
I hadn't seen that photo you posted Kelloween! There are some items in there that I haven't seen before like that skull serving plate and crow plate! I wonder if those will end up on the website.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got it as a gift from the hubby last year. It will grace the party this year, especially great since it is a tiki party.
No leads on that crow serving plate... damn
No leads as in you called stores and they don't have it? I tried their live chat today to find out more info, but it wouldn't connect me saying it was busy with other customers. This year they have a clear glass skull punch bowl, but it is really hard to see what it's face looks like when it is empty.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm a big fan of Staub. I love their products and own an 8 qt grenadine cocotte and a 4 qt braiser. My gf has a 4 qt cocotte. IMHO, I like them a lot better than Le Creuset for their design and richness of color.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the pumpkin on order. I'm going to curl up and snuggle with it when it gets here! I hope it is as gorgeous in real life as it is in the photos!

WS usually doesn't have a ton of Halloween items, but they are fancy and similar in quality/style as Pottery Barn.
I hadn't seen that photo you posted Kelloween! There are some items in there that I haven't seen before like that skull serving plate and crow plate! I wonder if those will end up on the website.
You're talking about the crow on the plate from Kelloween's pic? That's a photo from last year, and it's their Crow Object pictured on top of the Vertabrae Cake Stand. Neither have been offered this year. Here are pics of them separately.

As for the Staub Pumpkin, can it be used safely on a ceramic cooktop?

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think that picture was from last years line. I got 4 skull plates from that collection. The raven plate is the bone cakestand from last year with a raven perched on top.
afef055c67695ebd7f07c499d7cafc7c.jpg c7624904cde12a8eda6faa89856c875f.jpg 68da0a10b1da7ecd06dbe77c4c7749e8.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
Oh my goodness, I just reposted Velvet Vampires entire post. Last years collection was especially beautiful and I regret not picking up more pieces. I got 4 boxes of the skull martini picks. They are awesome. img34o_grande.jpg

What do you love this year? I'm on the fence about the bone cocktail stirrers.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I remember that vertebrae stand now! Couldn't quite make out what it was from the picture. Makes sense now why so much in that photo isn't for sale right now.

As for the bone cocktail stirrers, I have mixed feelings. I bought them online and they aren't consistent in quality. I don't know if it is just my box or if it is typical of these pieces. One of mine doesn't have the shiny metallic finish on one end, another has an extra lip of metal on the end that I'll need to grind down if I keep this batch and they all have these flat sides running down each side of them that have been poorly ground and finished, one having a sharp edge to it. I love the shape, weight and texture to them, but expected more for the price and the brand.

I also got the pancake molds in and those take a little getting used to but are fun once you do get your skills dialed in.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
As for the Staub Pumpkin, can it be used safely on a ceramic cooktop?
Cast iron generally isn't recommended for that type of cooktop. However, that being said, I know plenty of people using them on ceramic / glass without issue. Just don't drop it and be careful moving it on / off!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got my Staub pumpkin today and..... IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! OMG I love it! Mine is a deeper orange than the picture, more rust in it. The pamphlet that comes with it says they are all unique and color will vary because of the techniques they use. It also said that they use a one use sand mold for each of their pieces which blows my mind. I can't wait to use it, but I don't know what to christen it with. It might live on my stove top forever because I don't think I can bear to tuck it away in a cupboard. I'm in love!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
The crystal skull punch bowl is on sale in store. I picked it up for $24.00 yesterday. Almost $20.00 less than online.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts