Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the power supply pulled from a Dell Optiplex GX280 Desktop, not tower. It will fit into a similar GX270.

The connectors are as follows, 20 pin ATX, 4 Pin 12V ATX, IDE Power, Floppy Power, and a SATA power connector.

I have a lead on 4 of them. I've seen some negative stuff posted about using Dells. Any input?

·
Registered
598 Posts
On the ATX connector, jumper or install switch between Green and Black. Should power up.

Dells should be fine, they aren't completely ATX compliant, some differences. If it smokes off, ask your friends/coworkers, chances are someone else will have an old computer with power supply they'll be more than happy to get rid of.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If the power supplies are vintage Dell, the "power on", wire is grey instead of green.
Also there is a 6 pin connector with blue & blue/white wires (+3.3 vdc). Note that the pins on these have two wires each on them. If you cut off that connector, make the wires are tied together as thy were on the connector. You may also need to place a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor from +5 vdc (red wire) to ground (black wire)

I think the later Dell supllies are standard ATX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts