Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm making a medium sized display in my garage of ghosts. I'm making most out of cheesecloth and hanging them from the sealing. I'm planning on buying the Hovering Ghost Animated Hovering Ghost in Decorations New Decor for 2009 from Spirit. But I need to know if it glows in blacklight like my cheesecloth ghosts will (after I treat them), because I know that certain cloths don't and some do. If not, is there an easy way of making it glow. I'm putting the cheesecloth in detergent, but I can't put the hovering ghost in it for obvious reasons :p

Typical Ghoul Next Door
If it doesn't then you could easily get a spray mist bottle and fill it with laundry detergent/water mix and mist the ghost until it glows well. :)

Registered
You can also wash the cheese cloth with bluing

Registered
A glow in the dark spray paint from a party store will make it glow .............but you may need to respray it every couple days but it does work .........

Registered
Black light hair spray also works. I use black light hairspray to write a message or warning on my metal garage door every year. It's a great effect. You can't see it during the day, but at night it glows really well under black light. I usually write things like "Beware!" or "Keep Out".

Registered
RIT whitener in a spray bottle will work, too. teckcor's black light hair spray ideas are good. Hubby sprays it on his shoes and walks across the carpet, when the blacklight is on, it shows the footprints.

Registered
What would be the best detergent to use?
I wouldn't use laundry detergent. I would (and have) used Rit whitener. It makes things glow really well. Just mix it with some water and put it in a spray bottle as was suggested earlier. You'll be happy with the results!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts