Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,614 Posts
I actually really enjoy doing it!! And with the big one, I like guessing how many people will join this year! It is rather amazing how many join in, and mail gifts across the country for people that they have not met, and the few problems we actually have considering. And that is all you guys!!!!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Great minds think alike! I was thinking about this last night, too. Yea, another Secret Reaper. I can't wait. Bethene, you and saki.girl rock for organizing these!!!!
I to love doing the mini reapers and look forward to doing the big reaper :)

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
What exactly is it?
Lady Dy, it is like a Secret Santa in that we sign up to participate, and post our likes and dislikes on a thread that Bethene will start soon. After the allotted sign-up time, Bethene assigns each of us a victim (who we make, buy, combo of the two, a gift for). It is mostly Halloween themed, but some put on their likes and dislikes other things they like. We have mini reapers throughout the year that also are timed with a particular holiday. For example, we did a bloody Valentines Reaper.

People really get into it, and stalk their victim. Some send teaser gifts like cards or small tokens. Others do not. Some have even made up fake names and joined the forum to stalk and tease their victims. It is a lot of fun, and we have a great time. The out pouring of kindness and thoughtfulness is something to observe, and hard to explain. I have heard of people sending out flying monkey, ninja gerbils, and having cocktails and falling asleep in bushes, but that's a story for another time.

I suggest you check out threads from previous reapers, and the photo threads from various reapers. I have some photos of some of the great things I have received from reapers, and some of the things I have sent to victims on my profile page.

I hope you join us this time. If not, sit back and enjoy the shenanigans.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Ohhhhhh Decision time is coming...... :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts