Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking the best route is to use a power drill to make my PVC dummy move in my electric chair. I will mount it on one of the back cross sections of the chair. I guess I can have some sort of grinding pad mounted on the drill with a push rod mounted to the pad and then with the other end connected to the torso of the dummy.

What is the best spinning surface to use on the drill and what is the best way to mount the rod to that surface and then connect the push rod to the dummy? Also what is the best way to mount the drill to the back of the chair?

Anybody have any ideas or tips (and hopefully lots of pictures)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
a drill is honestly NOT the best choice . A rotisserie motor would work better. reason - the drill , even if variable speed is NOT strong enough without being inconsistant with the speed(s) , whereas a rotisserie motor will have the same slower speed and strength needed for what you want to do . Also , as far as how to connect , use this site for good examples - heres one I would suggest you try :

Crank

·
Registered
41 Posts
SF,

I use a drill on mine & it works great. The drill is mounted under the seat, the PVC framed body has an extra piece of pvc conneted from where his backside would be to the cam. I used a bolt for the bit of the drill and mounted the cam to the bolt. Drill should be used in reverse direction, as to not loosen. I used a hose clamp to control the speed of the drill. My chair is still packed away, so I can't get to the detailed pics for at least another week.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I might have something now..... I found a variable speed jig saw at a used tool shop for $10. I was able to mount a short piece of PVC pipe to the part where the saw blade would insert and will mount the end of that piece into a "T" connector in the middle of the dummy's "spine". I drilled four holes in the safety plate of the saw and turned it 90 degrees and that should mount to the second horizontal section of the chair back.

Dummy is coming along pretty well also and just picke up the Orange jumpsuit for him. Built him too big at first but have slowly moved him down to a better size. Also found a black "trick r' treat" bag with a skull and crossbones on it. I'll have my fiancee' sew the top shut and open up the bottom and I'll use that to cover the head of the dummy. Should look pretty cool.

No luck with finding something to use as restraints so far.... no good belts at the thrift store... just will have to keep looking...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts