Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Epson digital projector from Best Buy. I am wondering if the projected image can be displayed on MORE than one window, with the windows at 90 degrees.

Ideally, I would like to split the image three ways. So I would project an image to a ... three-sided mirror?? that would then send the center section directly back over the projector to a window behind the projector, while sending the left side to a side window, and the same with the right side.

I will build a prop storage shed with three windows and a hinged door that presses against chains. I need someone who REALLY knows about optics and the use of mirrors to tell me if I am dreaming, or if this is possible.

Alternately, can THREE projectors be fed from the same video feed from a computer? Is there such a thing as a 3-way HDMI splitter? I don't mind buying two more projectors, for the shed full of zombies!

·
Registered
57 Posts
1. Beam splitting mirror/partially reflective mirror. But that only splits it two ways at 90 degree angles from each other

2. Keep it simple. Just Google "three way HDMI splitter". You can even find an 8-way HDMI splitter,

·
Registered
623 Posts
You can do the three way mirror trick as long as your video source is setup for it. You need to have the video split into three side by side sections. The tricky bit will be getting the mirrors aligned. The size of the mirrors would be determined by how far from the projector they are placed. The farther they are placed from the projector the bigger they need to be. If you can use first surface mirrors you'll get a clearer image. First surface mirrors are used in rear projection TV's. Used rear projection TV's are available for very little money if not free. It doesn't even have to be in working condition, after all you just need the mirror. Just remove the mirror and cut it into appropriately sized pieces. If you don't want to cut it yourself any place that does glass cutting can do it for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there such a thing (or a program?) that will divide one video feed into three equal parts, so ONE PC can feed video to three projectors?

Do you mean something like one of the 3.006 1x3 HDMI splitters that divide a single input into three equal outputs that can be found on Amazon for around $10? Or are you looking for something else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts