Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning on using facebook events to send out our "invitations" mailny because last year, no one RSVP. This way, when they find out, they can just click on which ever they plan to do and not have to call me or anything. I figured this was we would atleast get a ballpark on how many are going to come. You can't really personalize it like youc an with an actual invitation but you can add pictures and things like that. Anyone else planning on using facebook?

·
Registered
50 Posts
We are. We also set up a mypunchbowl.com invite and linked it to facebook, for those who don't have FB.

However - I know I don't check the events on facebook often, and am finding some of our other friends don't either. So I don't know that I'd do it again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there.

I have used facebook for my halloween party. I am however, planning on doing a dvd invite as well. Only a bit over half of the people I am inviting are on facebook.

I just printed out the list (which was handy) then added names at the bottom for other people who were not on facebook.

This is a really good tool to utilize if all friends are on facebook. I even put a few scary video links and a couple of scary pics on the event wall as well. Some people have utilized the discussion board talking about costumes ect..

Good luck with your planning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did use Facebook this year, as well as hand-made invites. Some people ended up getting both, but I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to post it on Facebook for people who I won't be able to see before Halloween to give them an invite, or for a reminder as the time gets closer. Besides, it's free, so using it along with your invites certainly can't hurt any. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been having Halloween party's for over 8 years not and this year is the first year that I will be using FB. I have used it for other parties and it is awesome. However, my friends who are not on fb do not get the invites, so i have to call them. Come on get with it! lol FaceBook has been great for me and I am in the 30's generation. I even used it to find a nanny in Houston for our family. Go figure. I love FB

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm using facebook for mine purely because i can get people I dont have the phone number for and I can talk to all my guests at the same time.

just got to be careful about what details you hand out as you dont want gatecrashers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm using pingg.com I can upload my own graphics, it has an rsvp list right there, will send out reminders and a lot of other great stuff. I couldn't use Facebook as not everyone on FB was invited. But you can link up your pingg.com invite to your facebook account if you want. I also looked at evite.com but liked the features of pingg better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i set up an event on FB just so that it gave people a heads up hat we were having a partythis year. not all friends have FB but its fun for those that do. I also sent out invites to everyone as FB was more of a save the date.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did a "save the date" on facebook months ahead, but I really think paper invites (or DVD, or other elaborate set up) set the tone for a dramatic and spectacular party that people don't want to miss. Even when trying to cut costs, I still had to do at least a postcard invite this year.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I set up a secret event on Facebook and invite my guests, but I send out handmade invites as well. Facebook is a good "save-the-date" reminder for those people that I don't see very often and have to give an invite too a bit later in the season, or friends-of-friends that I want to invite and don't know their address. It definitely has it's uses :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are using a secret event also. Its quick, cheap, and easy. My biggest issue with it is that I'm getting a lot of "maybe" responses instead of attending or declined which is just as bad as no RSVP....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I sent out Facebook invites as well as hand made invites. The facebook invites went to people I will not see before the party. I put it out this morning and I have already got 3 confirmed attendees from it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used Facebook last year and it worked out great so I've used it again this year, I also don't like the "maybe" button, I wish we could edit it to just yes or no!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
We're using Facebook to send out party invites. So far, all of our friends save 2 have facebooks, so it's been working really great. Those two who don't have been called and gotten the invite!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah I've used facebook for the last 2 years of invitations for my halloween and st. patrick's day parties. It's really nice to have the replies right there instead of having to call all the people who don't respond to paper invites. However... I do not recommend just doing facebook. Paper invites are more tangible and remind people of it, whereas the facebook invite can end up being forgotten. I also don't like how half of my invited guests reply as MAYBE so I never know...

You can post a reminder about the party on facebook, though. Just use the SHARE button on the event page, maybe the week of the party or a few days before

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did an invite on mypunchbowl.com and then linked it to FB but got no rsvp's, so I just posted the link for the invitation on my status update. I rarely check the event invitations I get on FB, so I figured most people maybe don't either. I have a grand total of 3 rsvp's so far. I got far more when I used evite, but wanted to change this year. Hopefully it goes up as the date gets closer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
FB is definitely the way to go, that's how I'm doing it. Unless you're throwing a super serious Halloween party, FB is perfect. It's fast, it's easy, and it's really convenient to get ahold of people.

You can also do teasers with it - every couple of days, or each week you can throw up new photos of what your decorations are looking like so far. Or put up samples of music you'll be playing. That's what I'm doing - it shows people you're really throwing a party and putting some effort into it! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts